Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CTE comparison for Red Goblin

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005 | 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE comparison for Red Goblin

They weigh 150 lbs. more, have a less responsive transmission, and do not have the difference in horsepower to make up for those shortfalls....

Old 09-23-2005 | 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

ArticBrat asked if you could order the shocks for a new Foreman S, or ES... if that is possible, i may order mine when i get my 2006 Honda Foreman ES, unless its ridiculous in cost...
----------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
3000lb. Warn Winch

2001 Honda Rancher ES (Green)
2.5 Warn Winch
(FOR SALE)

Old 09-24-2005 | 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

i had an 04 rubicon and it was like paramedic said it was like a tank.
it had a hard as hell seat and was not near the ride of the pol but i still liked it better then the pol for the same reason peat said.
its too heavy.
and i have sat on the new cte rubicon and the seat is still just as hard.
but the suspention is better the the 04s.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................
now getting back to your debate.
maybe pete the guy you raced had his suspention set on its stiffest position.
and you have yours on the softest.
and vice versa for paramedic.
thats what it sounds like to me.
anyways i also think the honda would be faster.
but im only going by what i remember from when i road my friends polaris and from riding my honda.

Old 09-24-2005 | 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

PETE, I'm flattered that you posted this information for me and also thankful because it really does give a good insight into the performance of the Canadian Trail Edition Rubicon. The suspension must be awesome, but it also sounds like they've incorporated quite a power boost into it as well if you took a 500HO AND Grizzly off the line. I see absolutely no reason why Honda should hold back and not make this the mainstream Rubicon and then start applying these performance levels into all the sport-utility models. This is really Honda engineering at it's full potential: this kind of class-leading performance and then still solid reliability. If ever they came out with a big-bore with all the right features and the same performance level as the CTE Rubi has in the 500 class, they might reclaim another loyal Red Rider in me. Maybe...........someday...............

Old 09-24-2005 | 09:04 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Cirviver
The CTE shock will fit fit but you have to buy them in Canada. I had my buddy who is a parts manager at our local Honda shop try to get me a set and he said the only way would be to order them through a Canadian Honda dealer. I still might go that route b/c I think it would be worth it.
Not a problem I live in Canada lol. I will have to price them...

Old 09-25-2005 | 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

On a nice smooth trail the CTE does ride very comparible or better then most, so I could agree to that, but when the trail get's rough there is no no no comparison to my Rincon's independent.

I have also raced a sporstman 500 Ho with my Rubicon and beat him bad up to 60 kph and they were pretty even from there up .

Thanks for you review Pete..

Old 09-26-2005 | 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I still can't beleive that Canada got an improved model before the States did. Usually we receive new models about 6 months after the states...ie the Rincon release...and we still dont have the Honda Personal Watercraft here yet!!!

I'm sure that the improvements in the CTE will make it to the mainstream Rubi in short order.

Old 09-26-2005 | 11:06 AM
|
Range Rover

Originally posted by: propnut
They weigh 150 lbs. more, have a less responsive transmission, and do not have the difference in horsepower to make up for those shortfalls....
Does this mean you agree with my statement Propnut?

Goattrotter...I beat the 500HO real bad to 60kmh's as well and then he stayed a constant distance behind witout gaining or falling further back, I guess I should have explained that in my review. I just don't see how a 500HO could "smoke" a CTE like paramedic says.....unless there are a lot of variables coming into play, like mods, poor driver on the CTE, something wrong with the CTE etc., etc.

Old 09-26-2005 | 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Pete,

In answer to your last email, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my buddy's new CTE and he's been riding for years so it's not like he doesn't know how to hammer the throttle. No mods were added to either machines. Both quads are 2005's and I clearly beat him, every time. Your experience was different then mine and I accept that, however you need to understand that there's no point in me BS about it. Sorry man, but I feel as though I'm being called a liar. There is no sense in debating who has the faster quad, (my daddy's bigger then your daddy).

Old 09-26-2005 | 12:30 PM
|
Range Rover

Nope your right there is no sense in debating that and were not calling you a liar! I just know what my experiences have been and I also notice that goattrotter had the exact same experience when he raced one, that's all. I know there is variation, even from identical quads, I just wouldn't think that there should be that much.