Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher carburetor question. Look at this!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2000, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that all Ranchers come with an electrically heated 32mm carburetor. I have a 01 Rancher. My question is, when does the carburetor heat up? Is it when I turn the key on? Or is it after I press the start button and the bike is running? I looked in my owners manual and did not see anything about this in it. I was just wondering should I turn the ignition on and let it warm up awhile? Are just turn the key and hit start? My brother has a Recon and it does not have a heated carburetor and he has to play with the choke for a while to get it to idle. I don't have this problem with mine, at least not yet, It hasn't been that cold here it south Mississippi. So tell me what do you all think about this heated carburetor and how it works. Thanks Foots

Old 10-28-2000, 10:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't recommend turning the key on for a while before starting it , the primer button and choke are there to take care of getting the quad started and initial warm-up.The heated carburator starts to warm up as the engine is running and helps performance once the choke is off. So far I have notice a big difference between our Big Bear SE and our Rancher when the weather is cool , the Rancher has a much smoother warm-up period. Carburator icing is also reduced with a heated carb, so basically treat your quad the same as any other and enjoy the benifits of a heated carburator, I know any Quad I buy in the future will have one!!