Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

EX or Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005 | 12:28 PM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: midnite
Have you riden a 450r or yfz? I have riden both {and ride with them every weekend}. And who are all these racers jumping ship? Since you are demanding someone post sales figures, for ex and z, post who these racers are who are jumping ship.
Chris Borich, John Natalie, Santo DeRisi, Joe Byrd, Dustin Wimmer.........All Pro riders.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2005 | 12:38 PM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: KyJoe340
A Banshee is definitely last on my list, and just about everybody else's list too.
I just caught that last setence through sleepy eyes so....... I can tell you've never riden sand dunes. What can I say, I'm old school. I like classics. Give me a 69 mustang over a 06 mustang any day.
I'd rather have a Honda Civic with a big ole fart pipe and a NOS bottle in the trunk and be smoking ANY Mustang all day long!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This is just how meaningless this thread is becoming.......BTW, Mustangs w/V8's are sweet...Want one bad.

Hey, loved chatting with y'all, but I'm remaining a spectator on this topic..........Just bored with it all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2005 | 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Frankly, I wouldn't recomend a z or ex to anyone. Where I ride [sand flats, and sand dunes], the ex and z both leave alot to be desired. Again, I don't hate honda, and would love to buy a 250r {atc or trx}. It just tickles me, how honda owners think there **** doesn't stink. If the ex is more reliable than z...so be it. There is no doubt the z is a better performance machine than the ex. There is no doubt the yfz is a better performance machine than 450r, and there is no doubt the raptor 700r is a better performance machine than...........oppps. Where's your machine honda?
LOL.. How much seat time do you actually have on all these bikes??

Old 12-20-2005 | 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

[quote]
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
[quote]
Now you don't care about either? I will buy what I want and being a trail rider I want reverse, along with performance and dependability.
Congradulations. Good for you, Maybe some other people want to ride some trails a little faster than you.
Funny everybody with a shee talks chit but I don't have any trouble keeping up in the dunes. You can only go so fast on any machine without killing yourself. This arguement is pointless.
There is a difference between keeping up with the pack, and leading the pack. In the sand, flats or dunes, 8 out of 10 times, the banshee leads the pack. What do you mean "you can only go so fast without killing yourself". I'm sure on trails thats true. On wide open flats, speed is a blast.

Old 12-20-2005 | 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Rider11x, Have fun with that civic. I still like classic cars alot better than the new stuff. Same with atv's. Ok thats 5 riders. Hardly a revolution. I'll throw you a bone and give you 200 pounds per rider. Thats 1000 pounds. You are still short of that TONS you claim. By the way,how many riders switched from 450r to yfz? Yeah, most threads on this forum degenerate into this stuff. I post here for ***** and giggles only. When I need good info, I go somewhere else.

Old 12-20-2005 | 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Frankly, I wouldn't recomend a z or ex to anyone. Where I ride [sand flats, and sand dunes], the ex and z both leave alot to be desired. Again, I don't hate honda, and would love to buy a 250r {atc or trx}. It just tickles me, how honda owners think there **** doesn't stink. If the ex is more reliable than z...so be it. There is no doubt the z is a better performance machine than the ex. There is no doubt the yfz is a better performance machine than 450r, and there is no doubt the raptor 700r is a better performance machine than...........oppps. Where's your machine honda?
LOL.. How much seat time do you actually have on all these bikes??
About 25 hours on the 450r, about 10 hours on the yfz. Maybe 30 mins a weekend on each. Like I said, I ride with these guys most every weekend. I ride their machines as hard as they ride my shee's. It might be a hard concept for most to grasp, but we all like each others rides for different reasons. IMO, I like the yfz better than the 450r, simply because of the motor. Maybe I would like the 06 450r better, but I doubt I will ever get the chance to ride one.

Old 12-20-2005 | 08:34 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Default EX or Z

[quote]
[quote]
Now you don't care about either? I will buy what I want and being a trail rider I want reverse, along with performance and dependability.
Congradulations. Good for you, Maybe some other people want to ride some trails a little faster than you.
Funny everybody with a shee talks chit but I don't have any trouble keeping up in the dunes. You can only go so fast on any machine without killing yourself. This arguement is pointless.
There is a difference between keeping up with the pack, and leading the pack. In the sand, flats or dunes, 8 out of 10 times, the banshee leads the pack. What do you mean "you can only go so fast without killing yourself". I'm sure on trails thats true. On wide open flats, speed is a blast.

Aren't many wide open flats where I ride. In the quad world, the ONLY thing a shee rules is drags. I sure wouldn't trade. If I had wanted speed or acceleration, I'd have bought a bike.

Plus I spend a good deal of my time on 2 wheels. Not something the shee is real good for.

Old 12-21-2005 | 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

[quote]

Aren't many wide open flats where I ride. In the quad world, the ONLY thing a shee rules is drags. I sure wouldn't trade. If I had wanted speed or acceleration, I'd have bought a bike.

Plus I spend a good deal of my time on 2 wheels. Not something the shee is real good for.
True enough. I'm glad the shee doesn't wheelie easy. The last thing I want while shooting a dune is to hit the powerband and have the wheels come off the ground. I see how that wouldn't be a problem for a mild 400. You say you spend most of your time on 2 wheels. Sounds like you spend most of the time you have your head burried in the sand. They don't call the banshee king of the dunes for nothing. If you doubt the prowess of the banshee on the dunes, check out planetsand.com.

Old 12-21-2005 | 02:12 AM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Rider11x, Have fun with that civic. I still like classic cars alot better than the new stuff. Same with atv's. Ok thats 5 riders. Hardly a revolution. I'll throw you a bone and give you 200 pounds per rider. Thats 1000 pounds. You are still short of that TONS you claim. By the way,how many riders switched from 450r to yfz? Yeah, most threads on this forum degenerate into this stuff. I post here for ***** and giggles only. When I need good info, I go somewhere else.
Why don't you clue us in as to where you go for your GOOD information, so I'm sure that we can hang out with other riders as knowledgable as yourself. I just can't wait to hear this one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Midnight, Did I ever tell you about the hours of priceless entertainment that you provide for me, with your informative posts?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005 | 10:07 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Default EX or Z

[quote]

True enough. I'm glad the shee doesn't wheelie easy. The last thing I want while shooting a dune is to hit the powerband and have the wheels come off the ground. I see how that wouldn't be a problem for a mild 400. You say you spend most of your time on 2 wheels. Sounds like you spend most of the time you have your head burried in the sand. They don't call the banshee king of the dunes for nothing. If you doubt the prowess of the banshee on the dunes, check out planetsand.com.

And it sounds like you spend most of the time with your head burried in your a$$. I ride wheelies up and down dunes all the time on purpose. Having a well balanced quad is a good thing. There at least a half dozen quads that I'd rather have than a banshee.