Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda warranty?

You are the blind--leading the blind.You are so loyal to Honda,you cannot see the light.
so loyal to Honda,they dont see the whole picture,such as yourself.
Sometimes,things just are'nt always as they appear.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda warranty?

A professional nut--- as in PROpNUT

Old 12-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

Originally posted by: Rebecca
TextFirst off...this is not a warranty issue because your extended warranty was cancelled 10 days ago because your unit is being repossessed by Honda, and second off, you should make sure that your friends that used to work for the Honda dealership don't call the dealership ahead of time to tell them that you sank it in mud and water. Thirdly, you shouldn't offer mechanics an extra $100 to get it covered under warranty and then get someone to call and threaten to bad mouth the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!! You can get more done by being up front with dealerships than you can by trying to strong arm them!!! I am the lady at the dealership that he is referring to and I have been in this business my entire life! I have NEVER dealt with a situation where someone tried to bribe a mechanic, threatened to slander our dealership name (which by the way we have been building a good reputation for the past 27 years), or who refused to say that his ATV had been swamped after having someone else call and say it had. The rings are worn out and there is no damage to the wrist pin, piston, or anything else in the motor. There is a mixture of mud, water, and oil in the bottom of the motor as well as mud all in the rear differential. I know what I am talking about and typically Honda has a good warranty for things that are not due to abuse!
OWNED!

Old 12-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

Originally posted by: Rebecca
TextFirst off...this is not a warranty issue because your extended warranty was cancelled 10 days ago because your unit is being repossessed by Honda, and second off, you should make sure that your friends that used to work for the Honda dealership don't call the dealership ahead of time to tell them that you sank it in mud and water. Thirdly, you shouldn't offer mechanics an extra $100 to get it covered under warranty and then get someone to call and threaten to bad mouth the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!! You can get more done by being up front with dealerships than you can by trying to strong arm them!!! I am the lady at the dealership that he is referring to and I have been in this business my entire life! I have NEVER dealt with a situation where someone tried to bribe a mechanic, threatened to slander our dealership name (which by the way we have been building a good reputation for the past 27 years), or who refused to say that his ATV had been swamped after having someone else call and say it had. The rings are worn out and there is no damage to the wrist pin, piston, or anything else in the motor. There is a mixture of mud, water, and oil in the bottom of the motor as well as mud all in the rear differential. I know what I am talking about and typically Honda has a good warranty for things that are not due to abuse!

I'll play the other side for a minute....

this is not a warranty issue because your extended warranty was cancelled 10 days ago because your unit is being repossessed by Honda
Warranty gets voided because of a repo? Is this in the fine print NO ONE EVER sees? I wonder how many people pay the $400 +/- and don't know this?
Second, posting that someone had a repo when you work there might be crossing some legal lines. I am sure he might print this page and get free legal advise and end up with a free repair after all. I guess he will post back if he does.
threatened to slander our dealership name
Is this slander by you posting this?
which by the way we have been building a good reputation for the past 27 years
I personally didn't look you up at the BBB, but would you admit to any bad business or having to fire employees for theft, etc? Probably not.
You can get more done by being up front with dealerships
Really? How? Please explain. Would you have covered it or just told him the amont he owed? If telling him an amount owed, how is this helping? If this the same when a policeman pulls you over and says, "be honest and you go home" and that night your in jail?...lol. I say that phrase as my father did retire from the sheriff dept. We laugh at that one ALL the time.

In the end, I don't know neither party. Personally, if it wasn't sand like stated take it to a "third party" and get them to state that in writting! This will prove he is right, if not, she was being honest.

My $.02!

Old 12-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

Actually, repossesion is public knowledge. She could have posted it in the newspaper.

/Jon

Old 12-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

if you finance the extended warranty and you default on your loan, don't you default on the warranty too?

Old 12-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

Originally posted by: propnut
if you finance the extended warranty and you default on your loan, don't you default on the warranty too?
Good question. If you made a few payments, did those payments cover the extended warranty or P.I.?

Old 12-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

Originally posted by: quad2xtreme
Actually, repossesion is public knowledge. She could have posted it in the newspaper.

/Jon
I know states differ on this subject.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:08 PM
JTH
Trailblazer
Default honda warranty?

I was just wondering what dealership this is.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda warranty?

The extended warranty gets cancelled by the finance company and the money goes back to the finance company to pay off part of the loan. This happens because once it goes to auction, the extended warranty is null and void anyway because it can't be transferred. The money would have reduced his amount he owed the finance company.

As far as being up front with dealers, we try to work with people to lessen their parts bills and labor bills in the case that someone has done something to screw their ATV up and just don't have a lot of money to fix it. Granted it will still be more than they would have to pay having warranty cover it, but we do try to help.

This is not slander by reporting facts that are public knowledge. And besides there are no names being mentioned so the only people that know what we are talking about are me and him.

If you look us up on the BBB you will not find us because we have had no complaints regarding the service they are receiving.

Quick Reply: honda warranty?