Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

lift kit for a forman

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit for a forman

Is it a good idea to put a lift kit on a forman? What is the best and where is a good place to get one? i would like to raise it about 4 inches but whatever i can... lmk

Old 02-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

hello

i am thinking of getting one for my rancher as well. go to ebay motors and click on atv parts & accessories and type in foreman lift kit. i found a pretty nice one for my rancher and they also make the same one for the foreman. it is stainless steel, easy to put on and i think it was around $89. the only drawback i see to a lift is having a higher center of gravity which in tight places could make the atv a little unstable. there are 2 guys i ride with both with hondas who have lifts and they love em. they allowed a bigger tire to be used and here in west virginia with all those big atv's out now, they are really gouging out the mud holes so my buddy got the lift and some mudzillas on his foreman and boy he can hit any mudhole now with confidence! i saw him go through one that a polaris 700 couldnt get through. im not sure how the lift will effect the differentials and such as far as wear and tear. maybe someone with more experience with reply to you.
the one on ebay is a 2' lift. if lifts for atv's are like lifts for trucks, etc. i dont know if i would get anything higher cause then you have to start changing angles on things.
good luck
sean

Old 02-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Depends on what kind of ridding you are going to do...if your trying to make a mud machine out of it then i would get a lift..I had 27 mud lights with out a lift and i could go through a few holes but there were a few i would get stuck in..so i got a 2 in lift and some bigger tires 28(mudzillas) and now there are very few that i can get stuck in.. seems like i go through a lot more with them..SO i recommend it!!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Range Rover

There are many brands of lift kits out there, who recommends what? I see some that simply extend the shock, to others that seem to have more hardware.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Not sure about how much a lift kit would gain on a sra quad, the most effective method of gaining ground clearance is just taller tires. Unless you want a huge tire and cant fit it under the fenders.