Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rear view mirrors for my Ranchers, what do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear view mirrors for my Ranchers, what do you use?

I am in need of some sort of Rear view mirror for my Ranchers. I've looked at various places in my home town to no avail. I figured I could at least find somthing that would clamp on to the front rack, was only looking for one to put on the left side for when we traverse Gravel roads.

I've also considered the Koplin Hand Guards with mirrors for two reason. Any input on my reasons would be greatly appriciated. 1st reason was because they have the 3" fisheye mirrors. However, I thought that seemed rather small, does anyone on here have them and how do you like the viewing ability with the mirrors? I'm looking for something that would allow me to see a vehicle aproaching from the rear so I don't have to turn around all the time. The 2nd reason is for the wind break ability on my hands. I was thinking that maybe they would keep the wind off my hands and in this cold weather, maybe my hands wouldn't get so cold on long rides during fridged temps. Anyone use them for this purpose and how does it work?

Old 02-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

The hand guards work somewhat but still my hands get cold. The mirror thing...hmm seems like something to get ripped off

Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I got a mirror for my kodiak, at cabellas. Its a decent mirror. However , im not sure they will mount easily on a honda, because the ends of the handlebars may have a solid plug in them, and these mount in the open end of the handlebar. You just cut the rubber grip, and slip it in. They move easily enough, so when you want them bent out of the way of branches, its not a big deal to move them, and then move them back.
Look into hand warmers, they work way better than the hand guards for keeping your hands warm.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer

I use a set of mirrors from a late model Arctic Cat snowmobile. I cut a piece of 2/4 to fit on the bottom of the big side(front part of mirror_ attached with velcro and also put velcro to hold to atv. You also need a small piece for the small end of mirror. The mirrors fit right of the front rack on each side. The mirrors you need are the ones that mount to the windshield of Arctic Cat's snowmobiles. The mirrors are adjustable and don't move at all when riding. Be sure to take some alcohol and clean the plastic good before puting velcro down. Hope this helps.