Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

water in engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006 | 04:03 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default water in engine

My oil is a really milky color. The engine was running for a bit when the oil was like this. Is there a chance that I may have ruined my engine. How many times should I change the oil tell its back to normal.
The Quad is a 06 rubicon 500. Is this quad good in water.

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-14-2006 | 04:10 PM
Range Rover
Default water in engine

well you should be ok you gota keep changing it till your oil no longer looks milky. With my rancher iv been thru tons of water and never really got water in thier. I had it in my front differital i drained it and put oil back and runs fine.

Old 04-14-2006 | 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

I'd say the Rubi would be the worse Honda quad to run with water in the engine. You probably havent done too much damage yet, maybe taken some time off its life, but you want to get it changed ASAP. Pick up lots of oil and filters, you may have to change it up to 5 times to get the oil clear.

Change the oil, run the bike for about 10 mins, shut off and check the oil, if its cloudy, change it again. Repeat until the oil stays clear, go for a good run and check it when you get back. If at that time the oil is still clear you in good shape.

If you have water in your engine, check your differential oil too, it may need to be changed.

Old 04-15-2006 | 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

Originally posted by: action450s
I'd say the Rubi would be the worse Honda quad to run with water in the engine. You probably havent done too much damage yet, maybe taken some time off its life, but you want to get it changed ASAP. Pick up lots of oil and filters, you may have to change it up to 5 times to get the oil clear.

Change the oil, run the bike for about 10 mins, shut off and check the oil, if its cloudy, change it again. Repeat until the oil stays clear, go for a good run and check it when you get back. If at that time the oil is still clear you in good shape.

If you have water in your engine, check your differential oil too, it may need to be changed.

Great advice right there.

Old 04-15-2006 | 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

You don't have to go buy expense Honda oil when you run it to get it clean again. Just put back in what you have been running, I don't change the filter unitl I know it's going to be one last time. Far as damage to the motor, you may want to have your dealer do a oil pressure test incase you scored your oil pump. that would reck any motor or transmisson parts.

Old 04-16-2006 | 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

One thing that can save you alot of time and money is to add about a cup of diesel fuel in with the oil and run it at idle for a couple minutes then drain it out. The diesel fuel will clean out the engine better than just plain oil and it won't hurt the motor.

Old 04-17-2006 | 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

automatic transmisson fluid does the same thing, but it won't hurt your motor if you drive it wiht it in it.