Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250r need fast help :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250r need fast help :(

Originally posted by: imtired
Another thought is that your pilot is too rch. I had that same problem. It would load up when idling and not riding hard, and then when i rode hard it would bog and sputter like crazy. It's just another idea.
Should check into that too...didn't even touch the pilot yet lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Thanks for the idea [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and by the way, while I have attention, I won't start another topic...

I have another question 2r related but not engine...

Something weird happenned when I was doing some donuts in the sand pit... The tie rod end / ball joint bolt went over the a-arms and jammed my handlebars. I had to compress my suspension to get it out of there... It's like it went over it's turning radius. My 300ex was doing the exact same thing. It's somehow funny since I was just doing some donuts but it's worrying me a bit since it wouldn't be funny if I would take a turn in 4-5-6th gear and the handlebars would jam like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Thanks...

Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheQuadSport230

Something weird happenned when I was doing some donuts in the sand pit... The tie rod end / ball joint bolt went over the a-arms and jammed my handlebars. I had to compress my suspension to get it out of there... It's like it went over it's turning radius. My 300ex was doing the exact same thing. It's somehow funny since I was just doing some donuts but it's worrying me a bit since it wouldn't be funny if I would take a turn in 4-5-6th gear and the handlebars would jam like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Thanks...
Bump to this...

Still happenned today when I went riding and it's a little dangerous ....

Old 04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks...
Oh do I know what that feels like! I had that happen to me slamming through a section of whoops. The bars jerked out of my hand and made a violent turn right. The bolt from the heim joint on my ASR tie-rod got hung up on the a-arm and I was along for he ride! About five flips later I was OK. I can't give you exact advice how to correct it as I never did. See if you can grind down the ball joint bolt to clear the a-arm....but then your tires might turn too much.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BAD250R

Thanks...
Oh do I know what that feels like! I had that happen to me slamming through a section of whoops. The bars jerked out of my hand and made a violent turn right. The bolt from the heim joint on my ASR tie-rod got hung up on the a-arm and I was along for he ride! About five flips later I was OK. I can't give you exact advice how to correct it as I never did. See if you can grind down the ball joint bolt to clear the a-arm....but then your tires might turn too much.
Thanks for the advice 1bad250r [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was thinking about gusseting the stopper on the steering stem...how does it sounds ?

Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Range Rover

Changed the plug and rejetted to a 155 with a colder than yesterday temperature...I also readjusted my airscrew to factory settings (1 1/4 turn that what it was)

Quad run a lot better, only cut a little bit, a lot less than yesterday...The quad is now ready to drive as is but not perfectly tuned. I think it will runs perfect with a 152

Strange thing is that a 155 is factory jetting but I have a pipe + Filter. 155 at factory jetting means 20:1 mixing though so that's probably why I'm still rich with a pipe since I mix 40:1

Any inputs still welcome though
250r's call for a 20:1 ratio from factory thats just over 6 oz of 2 stroke oil--but i have found you can run 5oz of oil and you will get much better results as far as the air screw
what i did was play with the throttle and adjust the screw you will hear the difference immediately you should be more towards 2 turns out and maybe a little higher because of you pipe and choice of jets

Old 04-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pimpt250r
Changed the plug and rejetted to a 155 with a colder than yesterday temperature...I also readjusted my airscrew to factory settings (1 1/4 turn that what it was)

Quad run a lot better, only cut a little bit, a lot less than yesterday...The quad is now ready to drive as is but not perfectly tuned. I think it will runs perfect with a 152

Strange thing is that a 155 is factory jetting but I have a pipe + Filter. 155 at factory jetting means 20:1 mixing though so that's probably why I'm still rich with a pipe since I mix 40:1

Any inputs still welcome though
250r's call for a 20:1 ratio from factory thats just over 6 oz of 2 stroke oil--but i have found you can run 5oz of oil and you will get much better results as far as the air screw
what i did was play with the throttle and adjust the screw you will hear the difference immediately you should be more towards 2 turns out and maybe a little higher because of you pipe and choice of jets
Thanks for the help !

By the way, could you explain me what the exact purpose of the air screw is ? That way I could tune the bike correctly instead of just following some instructions not knowing what it's doing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Pierre-Yves

Old 04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

i beleive the air/fuel screw allows the right amount of air to be mixed with the gas before it hits the reeds
all carbs operate off vacuum
if you run the bike and while it's running turn the screw clockwise,and before it stahls turn the other way to open and you will see and hear what it does

Old 04-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pimpt250r
i beleive the air/fuel screw allows the right amount of air to be mixed with the gas before it hits the reeds
all carbs operate off vacuum
if you run the bike and while it's running turn the screw clockwise,and before it stahls turn the other way to open and you will see and hear what it does
Thanks a lot for the clarification [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

You don't want to run 20:1. I run 32:1, measured on a ratio cup, and i've had no problems. the oils of today have come along way from 20 years ago. If you're running 20:1 that might be part of your problem. I also made that mistake once, and my quad never ran right. Went to 32:1 and it ran like a champ.

Quick Reply: 250r need fast help :(