Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

'05 Rincon or '05 Kingquad??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Rincon or '05 Kingquad??

Let me know your thoughts. Which to buy and why. Any current owners of either having any problems?

Batman
<><

Old 05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

Are there any Rincon owners on here that have an opinion?

Batman
<><

Old 05-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

If we're speaking strictly on terms of '05s, I think even the Honda guys would have to agree that feature for feature, it's gotta be the KingQuad. Now, when it comes to '06, that's a much different debate.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:45 AM
Range Rover

Okay then, how about 2006 Rincon versus 2006 King Quad? Honest opinions please...

Old 05-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Haven't ridden an 06 Rincon, but the King Quad is much faster than the 650 Rincon. I think I've seen a few threads about KQ's with blue smoke, and the earlier ones had an issue with Reverse. The earlier Rincon's had an issue with some oil pump seal, but it didn't seem common, and newer ones don't have that issue.

The KQ has low range, and to me seemed to have a bit stiffer suspension/less lean. The Honda, of course, has a 3 speed auto w/torque converter, where the KQ uses a constantly variable belt system. I like the fit/finish a bit better on the Honda.

Bottom line: If you test ride both and pick the one you like, I don't think you would be unhappy with either. For me the choice would be Rincon, but I see it as more of a personal preference.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

I have an 05 Rincon, right now if you can find one they are very cheap. I haven't ridden a KQ and that was an option but the deal I got on the Rincon was hard to pass up. Anyway, it is the most comfortable quad I've ridden, very plush.....can get a bit squirrly taking corners fast but the soft suspension can come close to bottoming out at times but I go about 215 lbs.

It's power is a bit misleading, the Rincon has a lot of easily untapped power. Just removing the 1" exhaust tip I was able to do wheelies with mine. There is a spring inside the carb that if you cut some off will greatly increase throttle response, factor in an aftermarket exhaust and jet kit and I'm sure it would have plenty of power.

It does not have a low gear so thats a factor for some riders. The ES/Auto. is kind of nice but I find myself mostly in the 3 spd shift mode, better control of the power.

I wouldn't imagine the power difference in the new Rincon 680 EFI is much different then the KQ.

Have you looked at the Outlander 650? Would be the best option of the three IMO.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

One other difference between the KQ and Rincon... The Rincon uses screw type valve adjustment, where the King Quad uses shim under bucket.

As I understand it, the 06 Rincon has more changes than just displacement. I think the transmission is supposed to shift a bit firmer, and provide more engine braking, and I believe I read there was a suspension change. The older one I rode was really plush, but it seemed to blow through the travel faster in the front than the rear.

P.S. I also find the Outlanders interesting, especially the 800. To me, they just don't look or feel as refined as either the Honda or Suzuki, but I'm not sure that matters.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

P.S. I also find the Outlanders interesting, especially the 800. To me, they just don't look or feel as refined as either the Honda or Suzuki, but I'm not sure that matters.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

BRP is fairly new to the world of quads but IMO they got the Outlander series RIGHT. I'd argue they are as good or better then anyone in their respective cc class size. I think their biggest downside is they simply aren't well known to the ATV world........you say "sea doo or ski doo" and everyone is like "oh ,yeah, I heard of them....but who is Bombardier"??

Old 05-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

Need to sell my 03 Rancher first.

Batman
<><

Old 05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Range Rover

Test drove a new 2006 Honda Rincon and a new 2006 Kawi BF 650i yesterday. Rode the Rincon first. It died after about 30 seconds of idle (and a few more times after that, too). Also noticed the vibration from the engine that it has; I was not impressed. It rode okay though. I thought the controls were sort of cheesy, and I don’t like the fact that the gear shifter is on the left-hand side. Rode the Kawi directly afterward. As soon as I got on the Kawi and fired it up the very first thought that went through my mind was something like, “Screw that Rincon, I’m buying a V2!” LOL… Soooooooooooooooo much more smooth compared to that single-banger. Only one thing I like about the Rincon better than the BF 650i and that’s EFI. I will be riding at elevation, too. Therefore, I now know I want a V2 and I want EFI with it. So, what does that leave…………Bomb Outty 650 EFI?! Maybe Kawi will release the new 2007 model BF 650i with EFI?

Quick Reply: '05 Rincon or '05 Kingquad??