Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Can anyone ID this Honda engine for me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone ID this Honda engine for me?

so heres the setup.....i have an engine in need of a rebuild/tune-up/whatever else....anyhow i do not know what kind it is other than that its a Honda, 105cc out of a 3 or 4 wheeler.....its got a 4 speed trans, with high and low ranges. its currently in a little project chopper ive been working on....it used to run pretty well but it never idled al that great and now it wont start. i checked and it has fire, kind of weak though. it does have fuel but it doesnt seem to want to start when i pull it....if anyone can ID this it would be great, even better if you guys could tell me where i might get some parts like a carb rebuild kit and all that.

thanks

Photo 1

Photo 2

Old 07-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

It's not a 105, it's a 110cc from a late 70's- early 80's honda. A similar motor was used in the CT110 also. You can still get the parts from Service Honda but it could get pricey. Here's a full reuild kit on ebay right now and it's CHEAP!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the help....i think what it really needs is a good carb rebuild....im trying to sell the bike because i dont need it anymore and i really just want it to run.
what would i have to do to go about getting the coil or parts for the ignition system?

thanks

Old 07-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

First give the carb a good cleaning. Clean the jets, be sure the choke is working properly and thoroughly clean the floats to make sure they aren't sticking. Check the float needle and seat also to be sure it isn't stuck either. I've found that a small diameter wire is best to run through the jests, then I blow them out with compressed air. You can buy the coil or carb rebuild kits new, but I just checked and you can get them both on ebay as well. Let me know if you have any questions about the carb, I clean mine after every ride on my bike.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i went through the carb and when i got it back on, i pulled it and it fired right up....and then died....
ok well i was doing a little more exploring and i noticed that the throttle cable was a little frayed and wasnt
letting the throttle open and close correctly. i since walked back into the house and ordered a new cable from ebay.
i think the ground may be some of the problem im having with the spark also, i moved it to another location on
the bike and i got a stronger spark, im going to try cleaning the ground connection and see what happens.
when it ran, it used to go about 50 - 55mph....its loads of fun to cruize around the drag races on, so hopefully i can get it goin before
i go racing again.

heres a picture of the bike....

Bike