Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r trx kick start headlight mod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r trx kick start headlight mod?

ok. be interesting to know what this is.. if you dont already have it, i would suggest getting the extended warranty with this machine. even if you never have to use it- its worth it. they give you 3 or 6 months initially, but you have to get in on the extension before that initial time runs out. parts are high, labor is high. of course, you cant **** in the carb and abuse it or anything, but every part on this bike is high- someone told me the engine alone costs about $3500+!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

ya i bought the extended warrenty when i got the machine. 3 year service plan, Ya hope this is the only hickup i go through

Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

You guys are not that smart. The whole electrical runs off of the motor running. Motor off=no light:motor idle = some light; High rev= extra bright. The motor runs the stator which creates the electricity for the whole bike. when you hit the back brakes its like loading the engine not allowing the motor to pull the stator as fast as you want to allow light. FIX = pull the clutch in rev motor for light or get a bike with a battery. Problem solved.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

You guys are not that smart. The whole electrical runs off of the motor running. Motor off=no light:motor idle = some light; High rev= extra bright. The motor runs the stator which creates the electricity for the whole bike. when you hit the back brakes its like loading the engine not allowing the motor to pull the stator as fast as you want to allow light. FIX = pull the clutch in rev motor for light or get a bike with a battery. Problem solved
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>

before you start stuff with an old thread that im sure has been resolved by now, if you actually read what was going on, it wasnt so cut and dry. i (on Wed July 12, 2006) and others did mention the engine rev and light output. I asked about hitting the brake, he said it did it no matter if he pulled the clutch in or hit the brake...BUT your reasoning is slightly flawed; a bike with a battery 99% of the time that battery is running the lights as well and they only get nominally brighter during revs... go to any raptor, warrior, recon, etc with a battery: turn the key on and turn the lights on - they work. now start the engine - hey lights still on and not much brighter. rev it - not much brighter....in this case it did not apply to the 05 450r and that was mentioned as well.