Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex vs cannondale fx 400

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2000, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which one of these two is suppose to be a faster quad. when are the cannondales going to be forsale. this could be a true battle. tell me what you think.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

i would say the fx400 would smoke a 400ex its as light as a blaster! The only problem i see with the fx is the fuel injection...one piece of dirt and ya gotta take em off and get em cleaned or get new ones!! My understanding is that they are comin out in the first part of next year..as soon as i hear they are taken orders im puttin a deposit down! in jectors or not i think they will be BADA$$

Old 11-28-2000, 12:29 AM

As for faster i would go with the Canondale to the exta 32cc's i believe it pocesses over that of the 400EX, when they will be up for grabs i wouldnt have a clue

Old 11-28-2000, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am thinking about getting a cannandale. A local dealer said sometime in jan-feb 2001. they had problems with the proper jetting for the FI and put them back on the line to repair the problem.

Old 11-28-2000, 04:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The Cannondale will have more power than the 400ex. I read that Cannondales bike with the same engine is not as powerful as the YZ426 4-stroker of Yamaha's though. As far as handling, being set-up as pretty much a racer, it should be awesome. As much trouble as Cannondale has had with the bikes (last I heard, they still were not shipping), we may never see the quad.

Old 11-28-2000, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

No way to tell no one has one yet. To be honest if it does not kick the living crap out of the EX i really don't see the point of making it. Why you ask? well the EX is a good machine, if not one of the best sport machines of all time. Why make something that isn't as good but in the same class? I actually own stock in Cannondale and am hoping for a very sucessful machine. They are going to have some tough competition for the Raptor and the EX. It had better rock.

Old 11-28-2000, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

I read an article where they tested one of the prototypes and one of the test riders said it should be able to hang with a Banshee in a straight line race, that would be great coming from a 400 4 stroke

Old 11-28-2000, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

I here nothing but problems with this bike. They cannot get the EFI right and there is tons of little things that are wrong with it. No valve on gas tank, have to take all the plastics off to do something simple. It has same engine as the FX400, and they say that that engine is not nere as powerfull as the other bikes. I think it will be a mistake if you all go out and buy this bike when it first comes out. From all the bad look and delays this company has I would not want to be the ginaue pig(spelling) I hope it is a awesome bike because it sure would look good in my garage next to my Raptor, 400EX, and 250R. I will wait till nexy year to get mine.

Old 11-28-2000, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I agree RaPteR316.
Motocross Action pretty much said that the C-dale bikes are a piece of junk! They were all disappointed about how long it took to release and then have the prototype go thru 3 engines in one test. It's sad really, the rest of the bike is top quality(bars, chain, wheels, frame)if only the motor would be up to par.
Actually to give them the benefit of the doubt. The company that was to build the motor originally, backed out at the last minute forcing Cannondale to attempt to build their own right before they released them. They better get it straight quick if they want a loyal customer following though.

Old 11-28-2000, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

What are the advantages of fuel injection???
I just love the reliable carbs

Quick Reply: 400ex vs cannondale fx 400