Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rancher questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rancher questions

I have a new 06 350 Rancher trx350tm and I need to verify a couple things is normal for these Ranchers.

The first is at low rpm and also when you take off and give it gas there is like a rattling/vibrating noise and it done it even at the dealer when I loaded it, I first thought it was the heat shield but now I think it is from the clutch area but it might be something else in that area.

The second is when you let off the gas it has backpressure rumble (not backfiring) even if you are just barley moving and let off the gas it does it a little. My old ozark would only do this at high rpm letoff but the rancher seems like it has a more open muffler.

To all the rancher owners or anyone else are these 2 things normal for the Ranchers. Btw it has low hours and I have changed all fluids and oil filter, also I have adjusted valves, and clutch, and really love it compared to my old Ozark nad Bayou.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

as for the vibration sound, that doesnt sound normal to me, bring it back to the dealer and have them look at it before something gets worse.

as for the exhaust sound, my rancher has a funny exhuast babble when engine braking, has something to do with the carburetor type and how they work with the vacuum, when you close the throttle it makes the vacuum spike and makes the exhaust babble. Probably for emissions reasons.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

I agree...take it back to the dealer as my 05 Rancher doesn't have any rattles or vibrations. The exhaust sounds "normal" to me as compared to the previous atv I owned.......a 95 Kodiak.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

I also would take it to the dealer to be checked just in case. But don't get too worried about it. Some noise is normal from these engines with the pushrod type system. Search for rancher posts in here and more than one will tell you that it is nothing to worry about. Mine has done it since new the dealer never said anything and i have kept the oil changed and valves adjusted properly. Its a year old and no problems yet.