Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

06 Rincon front end recall?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Rincon front end recall?

I just heard that the '06 Rincon has a front end tie rod recall, for the same problem the Rancher had. That recall took months for the local Honda dealer to get around to fixing, and I have a trip to Marysvale pending on Sept 18. My Father-in-law got a recall notice already, but I haven't heard anything yet and I purchased my Rincon about two months earlier. So, is the recall only for certain Rincons, i.e. manufactured after a certain date, or is my local dealer dropping the ball again? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard of any problem or a recall and there is nothing about it on RinconRiders.com. Did your dealer tell you this. My local dealer didn't even know the difference between a Rincon and a Recon. Don't listen to anything that dealers say.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

My Father-in-law said he got the notice in the mail, just like the recall on the Rancher (which he also had). Said he has already taken it in to the dealer in Nevada for the update. I purchased my machine in CA and have not heard anything, leading me to suspect it may just certain VINs and maybe not the entire production run. But I agree with you about the dealers - I found them to be hit and miss when it came to warranty work on my Rancher. They can be a wonderful resource if you make the right connection, and a mountain of frustration it you don't.

I take my Rincon in tomorrow morning for it's initial service and I'll see what I can find out. I'll let you know.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK- Here's what I learned:
The local Honda dealer was aware of the recall and said it was only for machines manufactured up to a certain VIN. He checked my machine's VIN in his computer and said it wasn't affected. Apparently, the other machine was actually manufactured first, but sold later than mine. Now I can breathe easier and get back to making friends with this new, bigger quad.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the front end seems light. Even with an extra 4 gallons of fuel and a large winch up front, the front seems to want to rise. I keep hearing about how stable this machine is, so I guess its just the extra torque/power. Good times!