Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need some advice - Looking to sell my Rancher possibly.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice - Looking to sell my Rancher possibly.

The machine is an Orange 01 Rancher ES 4x4. It has 39 hours and a little over 300 miles on it. Excellent mechanical condition with a few cosmetic blemishes, nothing major.

The problem is I just can't decide what I want to do! We have around 900 acres of land and it just makes sense to have an ATV of some type, espically with hunting season around the corner. However, we have a guy wanting to give $3400 for it Saturday.

I love the Rancher. We bought it new in 01 and as you can see, with only 39 hours it hasn't seen tons of use. It has mainly sat untouched for the last three years. We recently had it fully serviced at Honda and it runs like new...I'm back in love with it! But the thing is...even though I know I'll use it, I don't know if it'll be enough to not sell it and I don't want it to end up sitting around losing value more than it has. Is $3400 a good price? Browsing the forums, I read that the new 07's will be a redesign, so I imagine that may further hurt resell value on the older style?

Also, seeing as how I really only need an ATV to get from point A to point B for the most part, even though having the 350 4x4 is a nice luxury, how practical would it be to find something older in the $1000-$1500 or under range that would serve this purpose and still be semi-realiable? Is this possible? What about if I waited till Jan. 1st, when gun season ends here in SC. How do you think it would be then, value wise?

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

If you are considering selling and can get $3400 for an 01 Rancher, then do it. If you want another one, go to Chattanooga and get a new 06 Rancher 4x4 for about the same amount of money.
But what you should really do is let me come ride on your property! LOL

Old 09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill give ya 3450 for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. just kidding(not really). If you want to spend the money to buy another atv you could but since you have practically a brand new atv with practically no miles on it, i would keep it. But thats me.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I got kinda mixed singnals from those two posts...haha

Is $3400 a good price, or too high/low? Surely there is no way you could get an 06 4x4 w/ ES for "about the same amount of money"?? There is an 03 w/ about 265 miles advertised locally for $4000. Also after looking at prices on ATVTrader, the $3400 almost looks too low, but I'm sure some of those may be inflated.

I'm just scared I won't ride it enough and when the redesigned model comes out, the value will depreciate. Like I said, if I could just find something cheap to replace it with that would get from point A to B and be reliable that would be nice, but the more I look the more I realize I might as well just hold onto this one.

PS-sure Dan, come on down. Although it's not really ATV territory if you like trails I guess...mostly either wide open field or thick woods. haha. Gray Court eh? I work at CarMax on Laurens Rd...pretty close!

Old 09-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

And it seems the guy of course gets his money in today rather than Saturday, so I need to decide today. Why can't people wait? lol any last minute advice?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The post from foremandan is right. You can sell it for 3400 and buy a brand new one for like hight 3 thousands.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

A brand new 4x4 with ES?

Jeeze, I went to the local dealer and he was talking $4600-$4800

Old 09-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

Brand new 4x4 ES - $3983
http://www.southernhonda.com/new_veh...6&CatDesc=ATVs

Brand new 4x2 ES - $3283
http://www.southernhonda.com/new_veh...8&CatDesc=ATVs

I would jump all over the offer of $3400 for your's.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Mike, we just bought a 06 Chevy Trailblazer last week at Carmax. Small world.

The prices in Chattanooga are awesome. I got my Rincon and Rancher 400AT there.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep, small world haha.

Just out of curiosity, who was your sales consultant? Did you enjoy the overall buying experience there?

Yea those prices are awesome in TN. I wonder if I could get a dealer in the Spartanburg/Greenville area to come even close?

Quick Reply: Need some advice - Looking to sell my Rancher possibly.