Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

paddle tires for snow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 12:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paddle tires would last a while as long as there was no pavement or ice in the area. Snow is a bit more forgiving and would do great I think. As far as how long they would last it depends on the area ridden in, as long as its just snow they should last a long time.

Old 12-08-2000, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

SNO-TRAXX, these are incredible. Now he wasn't missed up, they are sno-traxx and they aren't tires. The kit comes with ski to replace front wheels and a pair of snowmobile tracks for the back wheels, it's hard to explain and I think it cost 2 grand but they are awsome. I saw a mod banshee with them and the sleds couyld hardly keep up in 1 foot of snow, also I run plain old 25 inch knobbies on my EX with Chains, it is incredible with the chains, as good as my neighbors grizzly.

Old 12-08-2000, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

i think he meant snow-traxx the look like they would work but they cost a lot you can check them out at www.snotraxx.com

Old 12-08-2000, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

I have heard mixed things about SNO-TRAXX. Some people say that the front skis dig in and it is hard to control? Does anyone have experience with this system?

86 TRX 250R

Old 12-08-2000, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can understand how the paddles would get worn on ice or snow. I just saw a snowmachine video today call the Roop or Rope of Hazard. On it they had a Banshee equipped with sand paddles and it looked like it hooked up real well. The snow was wet, spring type snow so I think the tires would hold up well adn not deliver the bumpy ride. I'm glad you guys on the forum said the rode bumpy since I didn't know if they would or not. That limits the usefulness of paddles a lot in snow conditions. I have seen those sno-trax and I imagine that they work well a low speeds but i wouldn't think that they would be too much fun since you couldn't slide of wheelie all that well. I think they were featured in Dirt Wheela and year or so ago and on a video where it showed Seth Enslow jumping a 250R and Banshee over a hill on a ski resort. They seemed to make the machines awkward.

Old 12-08-2000, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

i've seen quads with sno-traxx their awesome. on the video crusty 6 (i think that was the one) they had a quadzilla and a banshee and some others i think getting air and speedin around in the snow. i know if i had the cash for em i'd have a set on my quad right now. my friend has em on his blaster (haven't actually seen it or rode it but i believe him that he has them he has no reason to lie about it) he said they cost 200 bucks. thats cheap but i don't know if their used or not. i don't know about the controll issues but i can imagine that u can't carve around like on a snowmobile but u can still turn pretty well. thats just what i think though i could be completely wrong. i don'tknow about taking them on a road or ice either.

Old 12-09-2000, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

They don't make them for a blaster (yet the guy said) so it must either be a rip off model or something else. But I would sure rather pay 200 for them than 2800 as the guy said they cost. Oh I wrote the company over the summer, here is what they said........

Thanks you for your inquiery about our product.
Our company is in the process of restructuring this summer and we are unable
to quote prices or availability of units at this time. Previously, we built
our Sno-Traxx by hand and we were limited to the number of orders we could
take. It was also costly. Our kits sold for $2,495 (2x4's) and $2,595
(4x4's). We do have a kit for the Warrior, but not the Blaster. If we do
provide a kit for the Blaster, it will probably be a few years down the line.

By September we will have more information available for you. When the
changes in the company are completed, the units will be mechanized. Our costs
should be reduced and production increased. Our goal is to lower the cost to
our customers.

If you will provide us with your name, address and make of ATV, we will be
glad to add you to our database for us to contact you when we are ready for
production and distribution.

We appreciate your interest in our product.

Sincerely,

Doris Mack
Customer Service
Sno Conversion Industries

Old 12-09-2000, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

they were another company that makes a simalar product i think. i know there are other company's that make these beacuase i don't see kits for quadzillas at sno-traxx.com but i have seen more zilla's with em than even banshees! i don't know what any of the companys are though...duzany1 else know of any other companys that manufacture these?

Old 12-09-2000, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

I also had a set of realtors, worked excellent in the snow. As far as sand paddles go, I have always wondered about that? I would think they would be lacking in the side bite catagory. I'm sure they would work good straight line but I think that the corners would be a little to loose for my liking. Now I am running Swamper tsl's, they seem to work well in the little bit of snow that we have, about 4", but when the swampers wear out I'm going back to realtors.
Exer