Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Looking to buy a now quad soon what do you think

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a now quad soon what do you think

Originally posted by: reconranger
Be aware that the Rincon has no engine braking at low speed! Might be just fine for trail cruising but if you are going to do steep nasty technical descents, it's buyer beware on this one.............
Hmmm how to describe technical anything on any of these four wheeled couches [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That comment was partially sarcastic, busting, somewhat funny, but also serious because every one of these (especially the larger) util machines are a bit to handle on seriously technical stuff (the ones I have rode at least) especially down hill technical where the extra weight and high CG make things that much more well technical.

I understand the engine braking issue entirely, and its a serious one, but if thats your game then you need to really consider what your buying because on the really technical down hill slow speed decents even the most agile and well designed manual tranny sport machine can be a handfull.

I dont normally reply in the util type threads often, but this one caught my eye because due to the ever increase in popularity of our sport the manufacturers have been producing more and more models (some much better than others lol) which has created an unbelievable amount of machines from mini's right on up to darn near race ready, and everything inbetween including some interesting combo type ones that are not full on 4x4 util monsters or trail only types.

Point is that everything is relative, and though way too many of us get caught up in the hype of the newest bestest whatever or even just over comparing features till we have forgotten what we actually needed in the first place there are still plenty of choices in that middle road or inbetween area that would fit the needs of more riders while saving them a good amount of $$$ that are well worth looking into.

So you may not really need 800cc 4x4 and racks that can hold a buick to haul the basics around the farm, and if you have other uses these can actually get in the way (especially to your hard earned cash)/.

Just another opinion though I bet different, and hope it helps someone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

I own an 06 Rubicon, it's a great quad. I was also looking at the Rincon, I know a few people that own them and ridden with a bunch and every one them loves it. I chose the Rubicon because of the low gears and many transmission options because I pull logs and trailers. I'm sure the Rincon is very capable at doing the chores also. The Rincon is by far the most comfortable quad I've personally ever riden but I chose the Rubi because it's better suited for the work I would be doing. Either way you go you won't go wrong with a Honda. Good luck.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hay thanks for all of the info guys. I went out last week Tuesday and pulled the trigger on my new Rubicon.
I am the type of person that always has buyers remorse after buying!!!!!! but I cant find one thing to complain about on this quad It is great!!!!! I love the trany the power is perfect it handles better than any of my Polarises ever thought of this is the perfect quad for what I do. Thanks Agen