Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

Atvshopping,

I can tell yuo that the new 680 will smoke a outlander500ho. It will also beat the 660 grizz but the 700 grizz has it beat. Not by much though. The 680 power is very noticable over the 650. much more responsive and the power is there all the way to the top. The 650 kinda falls off at about 60mph. Dont worry about low end torque. It has plenty of torque even without no so called low range. 1st gear is plenty low enough to do just about anything. I can pull my 3500lbs boat around the yard with no problems. People need to remember that the Rincon IS NOT A WORK HORSE!!!!! You cant compair the rinny to a Sportsman, Grizz or A/C. This is a SPORT Utility. You wont find a better handling trail quad then the Rincon. If you want a workhorse then look elsewhere but if you want a great trail quad with the capability to do other things then go with the Rinny. Most that do not or have not owned a Rincon complain about low range and locker. I came from a SP600 and my rinny does just as good as the SP but way better trail manners. It just is not a HEAVY workhorse like some others. You cant go wrong with the Rincon for all around performance. When Im out with my friends on thier Sportsmans, A/c and grizzleys Im always at the front of the pack. Not that they cant ride because they can but because the handling is that much better.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

Thanks a million for the input, I have left the dark side...I.m back, Honda it is...

I talked to a few others and got the same input, for me the Rincon will do fine, I am a trail rider, ounce in a while get into a mud hole and pull around my fish hut, its only about 500 lbs.

I will be buying it soon, you know of any differences between the '06-'07, there both 680's, I can get the '06 or '07 new, the '06 will save me about 600.00...

Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon Questions

There is no difference between the 06 and 07s. I would save the money. As far as a low gear? Weak bottom end torque? I haven't been able to find a hill rocky or steep that I've had any trouble going up. I can nail it in first and drag my rack. I have also pulled my boat around my yard with it. Its a strain but it does it. I'm not sure about if it will beat the Grizz 660 or the Outy 500. But on an uneven rutted trail? The rider on one of them had better be fearless to keep up with the Rincon. They are just super easy to ride fast, and just soak up anything in its path.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

I belong to the largest ATV club in the State of Michigan. Somewhere around 2004 or so, my buddie Scott bought a new 660 Grizz and I owned my 2003 Rincon. The ATV club headed north to a trail called Bull Gap... Bull Gap has a huge/long and VERY sandy hill. We call this the Bull Gap hill..Many riders like to race UP the sandy hill from the bottom of it.. Scott and I raced in 4x4 and he beat me alot worse than I expected he would...Next we raced up this same hill in 2x4 and my Rincon could NOT achieve enough WHEEL SPEED to make it to the top in 2x4..[keep in mind that this hill is very sandy and steep] Scott made it with NO problem..I raced him in the Auto mode and the ESP mode and the results were the same everytime.

Now there were also times when the club riders would play in the thick mud. Though the Rincon made it most of the places that the OTHER brand 4x4s did with factory lockers and more ground clearance, it was VERY OBVIOUS to me that the Rincon did have to WORK alot harder at these tasks.Now zipping thru the woods? Nobody on a 4x4 ATV could pack the punch of the Rincon. The Rincon really shines here and overshowdows the other brand 4x4s thru the woods.

Does the above make the Rincon a bad choice? HELL NO! It just means that if your a die hard mudder and you expect to keep up with your buddies who have factory lockers in the real thick stuff, than the Rincon is not the best choice out there.

If you want an ATV that is one of the finest trail riding machines on the market and will do MOST things that you ask of it---OK, than perhaps you may want to look at the Rincon.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

A guy I know who is a rep for Honda tells me that if you take in a little bit of the break lever while you are stuck, the thing gets more traction... I like levers that put things into or take them out of... might be like a sugar pill...but thats just me. I sure do miss that Suzuki 250cc with hi-lo-super low...2-4-diff loc... lots of levers and all the grunt of a John Deer.
My 2 cents worth, I hear high repair on Honda...low repair on Suzuki... but I heard that Clinton didn't touch that woman either.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon Questions

You might want to lay off the sugar pills for awhile.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

It is true that if you tap the front brake while under load it will lock the front in but only until you let off the throttle. If you know how to use it, it works great. I can climb a tree doing this but if you dont do it, it will spin 3.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

Originally posted by: KEROQ
My 2 cents worth, I hear high repair on Honda...low repair on Suzuki...
You heard wrong.