Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

No question about it,
ALL Off Road Products can cause a certain amount of enviro damage. Thats the reason WHY we make users PAY 16.25 dollars a year to ride the 3100 miles of trails we have here in Michigan. About 55% of that money goes to MAINTAIN these same 3100 miles of trails by grading/grooming/marking [ GRADING?--OH, thats HOW you remove rutts] And we DONT allow the POLITICIANS to take our monies and use it for other than its intended purpose.

I dont feel sorry for you guys in Mass. YOU guys let this happen to you in your State by not getting INVOLVED. We refuse to allow the same in Michigan.

BLOWFISH,
you'll get no where with Propnut. I've had the same conversations with him in the past and he cant see past the HONDA thing. Its nice to keep an open mind and look at all the ATVs. I've personally owned every major brand 4x4 on the market. I am not and will not be branded to ANY manufactures ATVs. If it has what I like, I buy it------PERIOD!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

Muddy4Life,

Keep up the good work! We need more people like you that are willing to take the fight to the greenies. If it weren't for your hard work, and clubs like yours, our ATVs would just sit in the garage. Many people can only ride on public land.

BTW, I rode my bro's Rincon last weekend chasing coyotes...It was awesome!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

here, I'll quote myself:
When all out traction is most important, visco and torsen both have a handicap to a locker
so it's me that's fair, not you...so quit blowing smoke.

It would appear to me you buy what you feel is going to get you respect or enhance your image because you don't have the riding skills to do so. You aren't happy unless you can say mine is better. It's you that goes for the hype. I'll bet you power-washed your Rincon drums and/or never regreased them (after tearing up the trail by going through the mud puddles repeatedly) and killed the seal. Not being mechanically inclined, you kept riding and making it worse. You wanted warranty and Honda told you to go screw. For that, you must jump on every Rincon thread you see and bash. It's a pattern. Drum brakes don't have anything to do with someone asking about a new Rincon, so why bring it up???? To bash, that's why. I just happen to be in the Honda forum because I own one. I jumped in here because I like to expose you for what you are, a Rincon/Honda basher. Sure, you've tempered your rhetoric a little, but you haven't changed. More experience than anyone with ATVs and you knowingly bought the Rincon with drums, and then you complain.

I am interested in the Rincon because I've ridden one and like the chassis. From the reports I've seen it's baja time still hasn't been beaten by the Outty. I follow what reasonable people have to say about it. I understand it's not perfect and has no low range or locker, but have seen real world what a good rider can do without those two 'features'. I'm comparing it to the Grizzly 700 as I do appreciate other mfgs. But you, bashing drum brakes is beating a dead horse. It's like me bashing your Outty because it has a step through design.

My Arctic Cat was falling apart, do I go in the AC forum and bash every time I get the chance? No, I bought something else and let it go. Why don't you do the same?

You don't feel sorry for the guys in Mass? You are a real uniter! Just the kind of good-will ambassador we should have representing the ATV population. I don't know what gives you the right to insult responsible Massachusetts ATV riders. You are just an angry combative miserable person that adds to the bad ATV image. FYI I am not a Mass resident and rarely ride up there, but when I do I'm registered, stay on the trail, don't litter, and do my best to tread lightly. That means staying out of the mud when possible.

cfwilkins, again I am sorry for this thread seeming to go so far off-subject, but I am really just exposing muddy4life as a honda basher with a chip on his shoulder.

They will NOT unlock until TORQUE has been released and this means getting off the throttle.
The locking action is caused by speed differential, not torque. Torque and loss of traction create the speed differential, but once the speed differential is gone it returns to 3wd regardless of the torque being supplied. They are not as good as a locker when you may need it the most. Guess that means viscous couplings suck by your own standards.

And what about the dangers of a fixed bias brake system mr safety? Ever see someone flip an ATV because they grabbed their unibrake? I have, in fact there's video of it

just look at the way you spell and you call me ignorant...

Old 01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

I dont need a skum bag like YOu telling me MY worth to the ORV community for the State of Michigan.My worth is PROVEN or I would'nt hold the position that I do. Nor do I need YOU to tell me HOW ANY ATV works.

I've owned more ATVs than wanna-be's like you have looked at in 25 years time. You have NOTHING to add but continued bashing for ANYONE who shares a differant opinion than that of your precious little Honda product.Dont DARE say anything negative about a Honda to propnut.

STEP THRU DESIGN on my Outty?
DAMN---I did'nt know that.

Stick to talking about your Honda products, at least it appears you know about 25% of what your talking about.

Your a true HAM!

Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

nice, you are such a gentleman. it's spelled scum, so that's Mr. Scum Bag to you. step through design, just like drums on a Rincon 680. get it?

Originally posted by: Bill.Ciliberti
I have been pressure washing my bikes and quads since 1976.I have never had ANY seal problems with anything I've ever owned.The so called experts tell you not to power wash,I say 'hogwash'.
Be careful of your intake openings for your PVC cover and spray away,
Bill
Originally posted by: Bill.Ciliberti
Since I have the 3yr extended warrenty on my Xplorer,I take the easy way out to clean the chain.I jack up the rear tires and POWER WASH the sides of the chain till they are clean.I then run the engine in gear for a minute to wash off the water.Than I use Bel-Ray chain lube on the inside and outside of the whole chain.I than again run the engine in gear while it is jacked up for a minute so that the lube gets evenly displaced.Works like a charm,
Bill
I think the last post came from a thread called "cheating warranty"
smart

Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

Xplorer?

WHO said ANYTHING about a chain or power washing an XPLORER?

And WHO owns one anyway?

DUDE,
YOU are way out in left field on this one. Change you Depends in get with' todays world'

Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
Xplorer?

Change you Depends in get with' todays world'
I think thats what he was telling you to do. In "today's world" Rincons have disc brakes. Drum brakes are not an issue. The "step through" comment was about the Bombardier Traxters. With all of your experience you should know this.

The guy in our group that rides a Bomb 800 just wrecked his quad while unloading from his truck. He grabbed the single brake lever and flipped it over backwards. Cracked his fender. Yes he screwed up, but maybe it would not have flipped with a seperate front brake lever.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon Questions

cwwilkins. These are the kind of replys you get on this forum about the Rincon. The 03 and 07s are two different machines. You mention Rincon on this forum and the bashing starts. I ride with ForemanDan and he has an 06 Rincon. He loves it and wouldn't take another quad for it. I have a drum braked 05 and feel the same way. I do ride with a Outy 800 and we switch out all the time. If that is what your used to, then its going to be a BIG switch. The power between the two can't even be compared. But that is where it ends. The Rincon's handling makes up for everything else. The LSD in the Rincon works well on my quad. I'm not sold on the visco lock of the Outlander. I've seen my buddies Outlander have more trouble in mud and the rocky trails than mine or Dan's Rincon. Maybe alot of it is rider error? Or maybe its because the Rincon is much easier to ride. Now these are my opinions from someone who rides a Rincon and has a good bit of seat time on the Outlander. Take for what its worth. I really don't think you will be disappointed in the Rincon.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

Im not telling anyone to NOT buy the Rincon. Im just saying that instead of keeping a closed mind on JUST the Honda Rincon like Propnut, that the guy owes it to himself to ride a VARIETY of ATVs before he makes a decision on ANY of them.

It never really bothered to many Honda folks in the past on what comments I said about MY own Honda Rincon.BUT, I could always count on Propnut to respond with some sort of useless defense for his precious Honda product though. The guy cant find anything constructive to debate so he uses SPELLING as an OUT! Sorry,but I been out of school alot more years than most of you are old in these forums and SPELLING things completely correct in a public forum is NOT at the top of my priority list.

If you like a certain ATV?---its simple-------BUY IT and dont worry about what ANYONE else says!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

We, as humans, are ALL entitled to our own opinions. I, for one, think propnut is dead on. Is he opinionated? Absolutely. Can he be a pain at times? Probably. I once wrote him a PM and heard nothing back. I will say though in the public forums that he has helped me. I also believe that he is very mechanically inclined.

I joined this site in mid '05 and came wanting a Rincon. I will admit that at the time, it was mostly due to it being Honda's flagship utility. The new KQ was new though and with its features and the Rincon bashing (right or wrong) I was swayed to the KQ and so I asked everything I could. I always kept the Rincon in the back of my mind as well. The one thing that I almost always find rare here is anything positive on the Rincon. I'm 6'5, 250 lbs, somewhat of a big guy. I was concerned about then a 650cc engine, 3 speeds, no locker...etc. I quickly found out though that for my circumstance the Rincon was near perfect. I don't work with an atv as I don't own any property and I don't have a single item for it to tow. I wanted a sporty quad that handled well, had good speed and power, would take me anywhere I needed, was reliable, and would go as fast as one could on the trails. All this without being an actual sport quad with a chain, which in my opinion aren't really built for guys my height. Some say that the Rincon is just a "comfy cruiser" or a quad just built for seniors. I'm 32 and couldn't disagree more. For what I want, it is almost perfect. (no quad is absolutely perfect in every single category.....none)

I rarely visit this site anymore compared to rinconriders.com. The reason for me is that too many here are on auto pilot when it comes to bashing the Rincon and not giving new guys like me a fair choice among many quads, including the Rincon. Based off what I listed above and my size/age, why wouldn't the Rincon be a top contender for me?

Muddy, you are absolutely entitled to hating the Rincon and propnut can love it. If we are being honest then I don't understand why you started your first reply comparing an older version Rincon to what is out today, which is what cf would purchase ('06/'07 wise). Why even bring up drum brakes when they have been gone for two years? Also, spelling matters, sorry, but it does. Unfortunately, we are judged by how we dress, act, and communicate in society. Here on these forums, it is one of the only things we have to judge. We are all humans and we all judge. Do you have to be perfect? No, but then again, it just looks better. That is the point propnut was trying to make but while you guys are arguing it comes across differently. Here me out here... I think the #1 reason trails are closed when it comes to ATV's is the hard core mudders, partiers, folks that litter on the trail, tear up river beds...etc. I hope that isn't your crew and I'm sure that it isn't. I would like to applaud you for your hard work in Michigan and not only keeping trails open but helping to open new ones.

The Rincon is a hell of a machine and is near perfect for me. Please don't dismiss it if a possibility of a fit exists like so many did for me when I first got here. It won't be the quad for everyone, then again nothing will. Luckily for me, I saw through a ton of incorrect accusations. I hope cf purchases a quad that suits him. For everyone else, if you are even remotely considering a Rincon, I'd do that part of your research at rinconriders.com. This is an excellent site for almost all quads except the Rincon...and no that isn't because the quad is not without faults. Ask folks over at rinconriders and they will tell you what they "wish" they had because nothing is perfect. What you will get though is knowledge and fairness.

Quick Reply: Rincon Questions