Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Pinkies really get sore...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinkies really get sore...

I noticed right after I got my rancher that I would wake up from bed and both my pinky fingers would be really sore and stiff. I wasn't sure if it was directly related to riding or if it was just a sign of age. Well after my wreck a month ago I didn't ride for about 50 days and seemed to forget about the pain, well after getting on and riding for a few hours yesterday the pain was as bad as ever, leading me to believe that it is directly related to my ATV. Funny thing, is that I spent my whole life on bicycles, a good solid 10 years mtn. biking regularly and never had a problem. Even as I type now it hurts to put my pinkies through thier range of motion. I look at this as a serious problem because I love and want to ride, but this pain is really annoying. Has anyone experienced anything like what I have described???

Old 01-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Range Rover

i dont think it's the rancher.

http://www.arthritis.org/

Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

ya fo sho!

Old 01-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

It might tendonitis!!! If so, do some stretching, with your elbow straight and your arm in front of you. Pull your hand down and then back up. You will feel a little pull. Don't worry about it. Just don't pull your hand to far back or down. Good luck!!!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tendinitis/DS00153

Old 01-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Galvatron Has anyone experienced anything like what I have described???
Body aches are pretty normal when you get older [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 AM
HR
Range Rover

Well old age it might be. but what you might want to look into is a differant bar bend. i know i can ride my AC all day no problems, and my pops kodiak 450 hurts my hands in the same way as you after about 30 min. so a diferant bar band or change the position of yours might help.

HR

Old 01-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those stock grips are pretty hard. Maybe try to find some soft, cushey grips????

Old 01-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

You could forgo the proper etiquette, and just ride with you pinkies in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

You may want to just keep a tennis ball or one of those squishy ball things on your desk and just squeeze them when your not doing anything to help build up the stamana of your hand.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
You could forgo the proper etiquette, and just ride with you pinkies in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

You may want to just keep a tennis ball or one of those squishy ball things on your desk and just squeeze them when your not doing anything to help build up the stamana of your hand.
That's a great idea!

It's really strange though because after I ride, when I try and put my pinkies through their range of motion they have a very distinct notch in them. It is not a smooth motion. When I make a fist it almost locks shut. It is the worst when I get out of bed. Maybe I'm doing something in my sleep I'm not aware of. If it stays like this I will definitely need to see a Dr.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally posted by: Galvatron
Originally posted by: Scootergptx

That's a great idea!

Maybe I'm doing something in my sleep I'm not aware of. If it stays like this I will definitely need to see a Dr.
Careful, you don't stop that and you'll go blind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] j/k

Hope you find something that relieves it.

Quick Reply: Pinkies really get sore...