Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Make it louder

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2000, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now I'm a jackass because I like to hear my engine? And, by your definition, I must not be a 'good rider', because I prefer to hear my engine, because it helps me ride better. A good race car driver doesn't NEED a tachometer to race his car well either, but how many race cars do you see without tachs? It's not necessary, but it can still help.

Old 12-21-2000, 06:33 AM
Pro Rider

"Eliminating the backpressure BY CUTTING OFF THE MUFFLER will (cause damage)"

Hmm, I was sure just a couple msgs ago you were saying

"Having no backpressure at all will do damage to an engine, that is a fact"

Now you are changing your argument? So what are the true "facts" here? The question was not about the means of eliminating backpressure effecting the engine, but rather the direct effect of low backpressure on the engine. You know your original statement was wrong, just admit it.

"1) because you can't even spell "potty""

If we want to get **** about spelling and grammar, here's a couple of 'your' own errors:

"And, when you're quad is as loud as the race quads" (And, when 'you are' quad? What?)

"That's pretty sad, man, that you are that inconsiderate of a person to just not give a crap about somebody elses equipment" (missed an apostrophe on "else's")

"...compared to your infinate wisdom of heads and valves..." (try "infinite")

But hey, this isn't a Grammar msg board, is it.

"2) I'm sure I've been building engines alot longer than you have." (a lot)

Well, for someone who has been building engines for so long, you appear to have a lot to learn still.

Old 12-21-2000, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

In the many years I have been riding I don't recall ever wearing a helement either. now a helmet on the other hand, I wear all of the time.
maybe you just bumped your head one to many times and it caused you to forget how to spell

Old 12-21-2000, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

No matter how long you've been building engines, there's always more to learn. I just know that somebody of your limited knowledge won't be the one to do it for me.

Old 12-21-2000, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

A Cobra headpipe donnected to a Dodge exhaust tip? You are the guru of mechanical knowledge, aren't you? Yes you are!
If somebody, that is as much as a hack as this guy(with his Mopar exhaust idea), commented that everything I said was exactly correct, I would KNOW I said something wrong.

Old 12-21-2000, 10:02 PM
Range Rover

Hey turkey sodomiser it wasn't rigged up, everything was welded, I made custom brackets and the chromed tips were polished to a high sheen, haha, it was done right and held up well and I've never heard another ATV like it, almost like a old John Deere tractor with no muffler, lol. To each his own turkey boy, what do you ride by the way?

Old 12-21-2000, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

i am sorry to call you a jackass!! i was replying becuase you seemed to be calling other members of the forum the same name! it isnt right no matter what! you are right hearing the motor does help.... also the tach in a race car is usually used to see where you are runnung with the most power(rpm range) also in a race car they are usually wide open and they dont want to blow the motor. when you are in top gear wide open it doesnt matter if the motor is loud or quiet cuz the only thing you can do is backoff the gas! anyways the tack is helpful just as hearing motor! i was just saying that tach is there for many reasons not just to tell you to shift! again i apologize to call you names.
ride on

Old 12-21-2000, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

And what exact statements were the ones that led you to believe I have 'limited knowledge'?

Old 12-22-2000, 08:34 PM
jiz
Range Rover

I'LL TRADE YOU MY LOUD *** COBRA EXAUST FOR A 300EX FOR YOUR QUIET PIPE BECAUSE MY NEIGHBORS HAVE CALLED THE COPS ON ME ABOUT 6 TIMES BECAUSE MINE WAS SO LOUD FROM A HALF A MILE AWAY.

Old 12-22-2000, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

What a bunch of dicks! I cant believe people are still acting like kids in these forums. I havent been reading these forums for about a month now, but when I come back they are just as bad as they were when I left, if not worse. Instead of cutting people down, compliment them, help the problem, dont make it worse. Yeah, I know its annoying when someone uses unproper grammer, and miss-spelled words. (Its hard to read, and is kinda confusing.) But some people cant help it. Heck, Im sure I have several mistakes in this message. No body is perfect, just remember that. And please, if anything do this, TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.
Jacob Debes

Quick Reply: Make it louder