Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

single jets

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single jets

Originally posted by: bombrider04
Crazy by no means am I trying to insult you or the quad by saying this but when I used to buy parts for my ozark the guy told me don't waste your money on too many parts...The reason is you could spend a fortune on the 250, but you would be better off buying another quad and when you sell it you won't get your money out of it...It is up to you to where you spend your money, but just wanted to let you know...The baffles being out along with the airbox lid off might give you a little bit of power, but a great hp increase no...You should be able to pick up some larger jets at the bomb dealer just find out what size you have now and go up about a 1 size or 2 they are really cheap or try adjusting your needle and air/fuel mixture screw and see if that helps...Also you will need to keep the airfilter clean with the lid off since it allow much more air to get into the box.

atvrider the jets are very inexpensive and you will be able to purchase some at the stealer just do as I said on the procedure and if you need any clarification on it I will be glad to help...What quad do you have because I should be able to give you a picture with labels on them so you know what you are up against.

I know nothing can make a 250 have good power, but if i sell it, i'll be lucky if i dont lose $$1500 over what i paid, i dont want to lose $$1500 after just 9 months. And my parents wont let me upgrade for a while yet, even though this quad is too small for me (IMHO) cuz i am about 6'2" and 155lbs. And what the heck, why not mod it? if im going to lose at least $1500 by selling it, why not put $1500 into it? Even if i put $1500 into my ds250, it would still be cheaper than if i had gotten a trx250ex and left it bone stock.

I'm going to mod my ds250 and keep it until 2005 predators come into my price range.
And i will not need a car until im done college or university, and i dont need to save money for college/university cuz my parents are paying for that anyway's, and my grades should get me some sort of scholarship.

Im not trying to bash you, its just that i have no other choice but to mod my ds250 or to let it sit there and lose value cuz its so boring to ride.

I dont need to keep up to other quads on the track, except for a kawasaki kfx700 v-force, but the driver sucks and is scared to take any risks, (well i dont really blame him as it weighs 516lbs dry weight) The only harder vehicles to keep up to on the track are ttr/drz125's trail bikes. Some of my friends are getting crf250r's in a few days/weeks, but i dont need to keep up to them except for on the trails where they cant go fast anyways.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default single jets

I felt the same way when I was told not to mod my ozark, but when I for my ds I realized why he said that...I am not saying don't spend money it's your quad not mine, but all I am saying is don't go spending a fortune.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default single jets

To be honest with you guys I know alot, but some of the parts of the carb still stump me and don't know everything about them yet...I posted a thread over on the brp side and was hoping someone could post some help ot me to clarify some of the parts, but I guess I was wrong.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default single jets

Dont worry, i wont spend so much money that i could have purchased a 400 with the money i put into mods,

1000$ should let me keep up with 400 utes though.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default single jets

Alright guys well now things have started to clear up after talking to some of the bomb guys and to let you know on the update here is what you need to do...Put the jet, needle, pilot jet according to what the manufacturer suggested and there is an adjuster screw which depending on how far the company said to turn it you should have it that many turns out...If you turn the screw all the way you should hear the engine dying and if you have it too far out you should also hear the same thing so you want it to be in between and if it doesn't do that then you need to be richer...check the plugs for lean or rich mixture and you snug up all of the jets in the bowl of the carb and there is a drain screw on the bowl to make draining the bowl easy...Forget the jets I was talking about before in the mouth of the carb an stuff you don't need to mess with them, just adjust it by the screw on the bottom of the carb and they sell an aftermarket screw that you can turn by hand without needing to turn it with a screwdriver...Crazy good to hear and wish ya luck and how is the ds250 pretty good?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default single jets

I would recommend getting a shop manual before messing with your engine. It costed me about 40$$ for my manual, should be about the same for other models.

A shop manual should be able to explain many maintainance items very clearly, and it might include a very detailed diagram of the electrical system, it some of you have some skill with electricity and stuff, that might be helpful too.

bombrider04, the ds250 is not a bad machine. It can keep up with 125 4stroke trail bikes on a tight mx track with small doubles/tabletops. Top speed it pathetic in a straight line though, only about 40mph before break-in, a bit more than 45mph after break in

Old 03-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default single jets

That seems to be the consensus of this website. For anyone with the basic questions, such as jet changes and carb adjustments, electrical, etc.... A factory service manual is a must have for anyone wishing to do their own work ontheir quad. It also is a must have when specialty tools are required, it will be stated in the manual. That was the first thing I ordered after purchasing my quad. Maybe I'm overly curious about how things work, but I feel the more you can educate yourself on your vehicle regardless of what it is, the better decisions you'll make before you tear into something.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default single jets

Yep the carb was the only thing really bothering me on quads I knew alot, but not really into detail until just recently and I also like to keep finding out info that I didn't know thats why I read posts on here and try and learn from them or help someone else out.