Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2005 recon es won't start and when it does won't run

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 recon es won't start and when it does won't run

PLEASE HELP ME, i have a 2005 recon es and when i try to start it just clicks.I have to use the pull start.When it does start it dies when i give it gas.Also it doesn't shift right,I know it sounds like a piece of junk but it was bought november 1st of 2005.I checked the basics (spark plug,battery).May be the starter or cdi I don't know.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:17 AM
Off-Road Delinquent
Default Solenoid

I am having the same problem, whenever you try to electronically start it and it clicks means you have a bad solenoid. It should be the little cylinder type part sitting behind the battery. How it with a screwdriver while you are trying to start it. That doesn't work then you have a bad solenoid and you need to buy a new one and install it check your gas and your engine oil and clean out the carburetor and all the other simple maintenances and see if the solenoid is the problem course that click is a common problem with the solenoid that means it's not working properly.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:44 AM
Off-Road Delinquent
Default Solenoid

I am having the same problem, whenever you try to electronically start it and it clicks means you have a bad solenoid. It should be the little cylinder type part sitting behind the battery. How it with a screwdriver while you are trying to start it. That doesn't work then you have a bad solenoid and you need to buy a new one and install it check your gas and your engine oil and clean out the carburetor and all the other simple maintenances and see if the solenoid is the problem course that click is a common problem with the solenoid that means it's not working properly.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

"I am having the same problem, whenever you try to electronically start it and it clicks means you have a bad solenoid. It should be the little cylinder type part sitting behind the battery. How it with a screwdriver while you are trying to start it. That doesn't work then you have a bad solenoid and you need to buy a new one and install it check your gas and your engine oil and clean out the carburetor and all the other simple maintenances and see if the solenoid is the problem course that click is a common problem with the solenoid that means it's not working properly".

Completely wrong. Most times it is starter brushes that have worn down. The first thing to do is test the solenoid, not change it. That was a 13 year old post by the way.