Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rear disc for Rubicon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default rear disc for Rubicon?

He's got rotors on the front of that year Rubicon LittleBill.

There are 2 kits I know about. The Xtreme Products and the Highlifter. If you look around enough there are a few posts, usually praise. You can usually find a kit on Ebay, but I would stick with the drum you have until it did fail. Just perform the maintenance as Bill said. This will vary depending on where you ride.

I think you lose your mechanical parking brake by installing the kit.

Old 04-11-2007 | 09:25 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default rear disc for Rubicon?

Originally posted by: propnut
He's got rotors on the front of that year Rubicon LittleBill.

There are 2 kits I know about. The Xtreme Products and the Highlifter. If you look around enough there are a few posts, usually praise. You can usually find a kit on Ebay, but I would stick with the drum you have until it did fail. Just perform the maintenance as Bill said. This will vary depending on where you ride.

I think you lose your mechanical parking brake by installing the kit.
I was jsut about to reply back and say I have disc on front right now.

Hearing that I would loose my parking brake makes me like the idea of staying with the drum until they give me problems. I will just keep up the maintenance and go like that because right now my disc front brakes give me more troubles than my back ones. Every time I turn around I have a rock stuck in my rotor and I am pulling off my wheels to get them out OR I am coming out of the water and have to hit it two or three times before there is any "handle" there to stop me.

Thanks for the info. I had found a kit on a honda parts site but looks like I will spend that cash on something else instead. :-)