Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher or Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher or Eiger

Thanks for the input guys, I think the fuel inj. and more power would be worth a few more bucks.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rancher or Eiger

look reconbuttranger, i was giving my thought of the 2 quads, the eiger has a more stable suspension, bank on it, i live were 4x4 trails will flip you right over down a 2 mile canyon, the honda is a great bike i love it, its just a little more work riding it through the side canyons, i dont have a back yard by the way.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

ATV Magazine just did a Under $5,500 shootout.

They picked the Eiger, saying it was more plush and had a tigher turning radius than the Rancher, and was an automatic and had simpler forward/reverse.

I've ridden an Eiger and they do ride very nice and seem like a lot of quad for the money, but my personal choice between the two (or in that class) would be the Rancher.

I don't think you would be disappointed in either machine.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rancher or Eiger

wa3rh-You just sound like you are all spooked about riding the 420, like it's so unstable or someting. You see anybody else posting anything like that???

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but again, when you are the only one who feels that way, don't go blaming the machine........

Of all the manufacturers, Honda has a reputation for building the most stable machines. Things like their dry sump engine design which keeps the engine height lower (so the center of gravity is lower), have been central to all the current Honda ute machines.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Red Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

Seeing we are quoting magazines here, QUAD Magazine did an under $5,999 4X4 shootout and they picked the Honda. Here is what they said: "The Honda barely broke a tie with the Suzuki Eiger. It all came down to fun factor and power when everything was laid on the table......the Honda's power and adrenaline rush was just unbeatable."

Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

Yeah, I take magazine articles with a grain of salt, too, but they can at least be worth looking at.

From the jist of the reviews, I'd say the Honda is snappier with more power, and it's a Honda, and the Eiger is somewhat more plush and also a good overall machine.

Like I said, if I were to choose between those two machines, it would be the Rancher. Personally I prefer a bit larger machine, but that's my personal preference and not what Manonedge66 asked...

Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher or Eiger

A buddy of mine has a rancher and its like riding around on a log truck, my ozark 250 runs circles around it, go with the eiger

Old 04-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Red Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

Quadnation-What you don't say is which Rancher your friend has. I bet it's the old 350 right, not the new fuel injected, water cooled 420. You just conveniently left that a part out...huh. Spin it any way you can........

Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Default Rancher or Eiger

I own an Eiger and love it but given the choice between the two I'd go with the Rancher. EFI, more power and just about the same $$$are enough to tip it towards the Rancher for me. Either is a good bike though.

Jaybee

Old 04-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rancher or Eiger

It seems most everyone is going with the Rancher, but what do you expect when you ask the question Honda or Suzuki on a Honda forum. Ask the same question on the Suzuki forum and you might get a differant response. It is sometimes hard to get a good nonbiased answer about peoples beloved Honda's, it seems if they own a Honda then Honda must be the best there is. The truth is you just need to go and look and maybe test ride both machines and come up with your own conclusion. Somtimes you get good information on these forums, but it seems all to often you get people that think they know everything about all brands even though the only experience they have had is with their own one little ol' machine and they believe it is the best because they own it.

Quick Reply: Rancher or Eiger