Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda buyers beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 09:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Honda buyers beware

I'm with you, screw pushing my new quad onto the truck.

Old 05-03-2007 | 10:49 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

As I recall, Honda owns a controling interest in USAU (probably the manufacturer of the battery).

Got to say that I assumed you were some greenhorn kid. Besides all the other lessons you learned, I hope you at least learned how to push start a quad (you never did say......). Mostly everybody these days grows up with automatics (cars, trucks, and quads), and has no idea what that is.

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:46 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

oh i know how to push start it and could have just didnt want it to stall and be out in the middle of the desert and have to try to push start it. At 4' 11" and 100 lbs it is not to easy to get the thing started by myself. I have started it with the new battery i had to buy myself and it holds a charge and i do know that sometimes you get a bad battery, but it should have been cought by the dealer before delivery.

Old 05-04-2007 | 02:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I respect the fact you are a small woman who bought a big boys quad, but, being a woman and small has nothing to do with accepting the quad from the Dealer or Mr Honda himself with a dead battery and then blame them.

Hey, Ive made so many SALES mistakes in my life...no time or room to lay it all down.

Just chalk it up for experiance...move on. Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding getting towed for compression starting dead rigs...

Compression starting always assumes a tow rig will be riding nearby and keep an eye out for the cripple.
Keep the tow rope WITH YOU.
You mentioned you waited and watched while your group went out without you...twice.
But I think you were probably wise to sit back, I know my 450 clutch took some time and many kills before I got it dialed in.
Ride safe. Keep an eye out for others. enjoy.
mk

Old 05-04-2007 | 09:40 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: RustyBucket
oh i know how to push start it and could have just didnt want it to stall and be out in the middle of the desert and have to try to push start it. At 4' 11" and 100 lbs it is not to easy to get the thing started by myself. I have started it with the new battery i had to buy myself and it holds a charge and i do know that sometimes you get a bad battery, but it should have been cought by the dealer before delivery.
Weren't you riding with other people? Couldnt' they give you a push?

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:28 AM
Red Rider

Word is that Suzuki will for sure be coming out with a new 250, based on their RM-Z dirt bike engine. Hopefully this will be on a 3/4 size frame, something light and medium size....in the Blaster class. I hope this class of quads really takes off, because it will be the prefect machine for smaller adults and advanced kids.

Hope Honda is working on a CRF250X engined quad, and they don't get left behind!

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:47 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: reconranger
Word is that Suzuki will for sure be coming out with a new 250, based on their RM-Z dirt bike engine. Hopefully this will be on a 3/4 size frame, something light and medium size....in the Blaster class. I hope this class of quads really takes off, because it will be the prefect machine for smaller adults and advanced kids.

Hope Honda is working on a CRF250X engined quad, and they don't get left behind!
I may be wrong, but I think this is a horrible idea. For one, these engines aren't even close to reliable as is, to get any power out of them they need to be at high RPM non stop.

And two, with the added weight of a quad, they aren't going to have a "hit" to them. Quads are a whole nother ball game with power, with dirtibikes, you don't need a lot of power, because it is harder to put power to the ground on tracks and such, only a handful of humans can use the full potential of a 450 MX bike. A lot of people can run the p*ss out a 450 quad, it's easier to use that power and not to meniton a lot of it is absorbed by the extra 100+ lbs. alone.

And third, it won't be cheap! You'll pay a little less for one of these than a 450.

So basically, you will have an expensive, underpowered machine that is going to be worked to hard and will more than likely hand grenade in no time. Not to mention typical ATV riders like to "get on and ride", these are machines that require maintnace damn near every week.

My 26 cents.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

All vehicle dealers be it a car/truck, motorcycle/atv or anything else that has an internal combustion engine, are NOT created equal.
I bought my two Hondas from a local Honda dealer, Big Delta Honda, and both times they drove the atv's around the lot and up onto my truck. They are a great bunch of guys and the service dept. even replaced some missing and damaged screws on my Yamaha V Star that was leaking fuel at no cost to me.

As for the atvs? The only problem I have had is a weak battery on the TRX 90 from sitting all winter without being started. After a brief charge...no more problems.

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:45 AM
Red Rider

Motox-Remember when the Yamaha 400 dirt bike came out??? Remember what everybody said about it??? They all said the same kind of things that you are saying. And what do we have now......a whole generation of engines based on that technology.....and every manufacturer now tripping over eachother to get in on the action.

IT WILL HAPPEN, whether you understand or not!

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:54 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: reconranger
Motox-Remember when the Yamaha 400 dirt bike came out??? Remember what everybody said about it??? They all said the same kind of things that you are saying. And what do we have now......a whole generation of engines based on that technology.....and every manufacturer now tripping over eachother to get in on the action.

IT WILL HAPPEN, whether you understand or not!
Yeah, a friggin 450, not a 250 thumper!!!! Have you not seen the inside of these engines? There are a lot of very small pieces that are moving well over 10,000 rpms, that equals KABOOM!!!! And when one of these engines blow, it is a crap load of money, even if you do the work.

I didn't say they won't come out, I'm just saying they are going to cost a lot of people money and trouble, and it won't perform well on a hi-po level anyways.. I think what you don't understand is that people are having enough trouble with the 250f dirtbikes! After a year or two of hard use, you have nothing but a money pit, and most mx'ers do routine maintnance. Now, just imagine how the ATV's will be treated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

And just incase you don't "understand", technology cost a lot of money, which is what I'm saying a 250f quad will do if you read.

Quick Reply: Honda buyers beware