Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any Difference in the 2 Foreman's???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Difference in the 2 Foreman's???

Its been a while since i've posted here, but at the time of my last post i was talking about getting a Foreman ES. Well i'm finally ready to get one, and im going to be buying from SouthernHonda.com in Chatanooga,TN.

These are my questions.

1. Are they a reliable dealer that sells reliable quads? (their prices are crazy awesome)

2. I want an '06 because of the great deal AND because it has dual tail-lights (not a big deal i know, but i wonder why they took them off for '07?)

3. Are there ANY other differences between the 2006 Foreman ES and the newer ones?

Is power steering worth the wait?

Thanks for all feedback.. I need to know these answers quick because they are running out of '06s fast.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As far as I know, anyway, the only change was they got rid of the dual tail lights (which I also think look better) and the additional option of power steering.

Mine can kick back hard when you smash a wheel into that rock or stump that you couldn't see in the grass, or whatever. Power steering might be nice, but for my taste and riding I wonder if a damper might do just as well. I thougt about putting a denton damper on mine, but never got around to it.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my new 06 ForemanES 4x4 there a few months ago for $4683 and it has been flawless so far, that's cheaper than most late model used ones were going for. One tailight is cheaper than two and just having one in the center, it would be less likely to get broke but I like the look of the two light setup better than one. You're not going to get a power steering Foreman for anywhere near that deal. I say jump on that deal while you can!

Old 06-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the magazines have reviewed this machine recently...mostly because of the power steering. Scrape up some back issues if you haven't seen them! No mention anywhere of any substantial changes in the machine from the 06.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I suppose if I were in the market for a new ES, I would have to ride the power steering one before making the decision.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think most Foreman owners would agree that if having power steering on a bike is a factor in deciding to buy or not, a Foreman isn't the bike for you. You should be looking at something more plush to start with.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I'm not sure why Honda chose the Foreman to be their first power steering bike. I know they said that the Foremans are the machines that average the highest annual milage, but the Rincon's IRS seems more geared to reduced fatigue...

Old 06-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

I'm not sure I understand the attraction of "power steering", vs just a plain old light little steering damper????

I do understand that ps reduces feedback from trail, but it just seems like overkill, and unnecessary extra weight and expense. For sure, if one isn't strong enough to steer the quad without it, they sure aren't strong enough to be on a quad in the first place!

Old 06-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

The technology that has gone into it is awsome.
On a posative note, it sure would be a plus if a person would to lock the front differential.
I see where it will also help when pushing snow like with a big county plow. The weight of the snow that sticks in the plow blade does make it tough to steer.
I also have a customer base of farmers and ranchers who's wives ride their quads. Many are older women who love the steering assist.

----- Gregg -----

Old 06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I'd probably agree with ReconRancher, that I probably would be just as happy with a damper, but buying a quad is a major investment for me (like it is for most everyone) so if I were buying an ES Foreman I'd at least want to check it out.

There is no substitute for a test ride. Even if JonJon only confirms that he does't need or want power steering, I'd still consider it time well spent.