Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

96 foreman

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 foreman

hi all new user here thanx for having me. helping a friend out on his 96 foreman fourtrax 400. could really use a wiring diagram or help on no spark issue. engine turns over with electric start and has lites on. battery was dead and is being chrged now...any input is appreciated...........bri

Old 06-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 96 foreman

Does it turn over with good battery power?
Check all fuses first.
Install a new spark plug.
flip the kill switch off and on a number of times in case corroded
Make sure the neutral light is on

Just covering the basics !

----- Gimpster -----

Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 96 foreman

briguy99 If your freind plan's on keeping The Quad for any lenth of time , the best investment he can do , it to get either an O.E.M. or , Haynes , chilton or cylmer Shop Service and Repair Manual that cover Brand year and model of your Foreman a good one will cover everything a complete Service and tune up ! I've in the small engine service and repair industry for over 20 year's and a good shop maual will pay for it's self with just a compltet service and tune-up ; a good manual will cover everyting from Teardown and overhaul of the engine and tranny clutch , brake's ; and they hve complete wiring digrams everyting about the quad well worth the invsetment ! Everytime i buy a car , truck , motorcycle , atv or any motorized machine that's first thing i do get a manual ! You can get one from a Honda Dealer, or off the net on ebay or ebaystore , with a good manual you will be surprisied what you can do to repairing ATV' are any kind of motorized vehicle ! But maybe someone will junp in here with a site or a manual with info you need , but i would still get a good manual on hand when problem's arise ; i hope this help's you out with your freind's foreman ! My first ATV was a 86' Honda TRX 350 foreman with full time 4wd , i kept it untill my brother talked me into selling it to him in Nov. 2005, that left me with 93' Suzuki LTF 4wd King Quad ; later i bught a 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Automatic with the Susuki 376cc /with the duramatic belt driven clutch. I bought it Feb. 7th 2006 and sold the 93 'KQ the my brother for his wife to ride , and Honda and Suzuki still run and ride as good as when they were new ! I got soaked 2 time's from dealer's on the honda and Suzuki ; that's when deside it was t time to gat a manual , and they payed for themself on the firdt service and tuneup !! So i hope you can get to info you need to get the Foreman fixed ; even if do get it fixed without a manual it's still Woth the money to get one if your friend decides to keep it ! williebee

Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 foreman

thanx all for the help sorry i took so long to reply......it was a fuse....or lack there of and he did buy a manual...thanx again for the fast replies......Brian