Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda No Longer Recommending It's Own HP4M Oil ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda No Longer Recommending It's Own HP4M Oil ?????

Hey chuby i didn't reply to this post to tell everybody to use the brand of oil that i use , i only said that i use castrol GTX 10w40 in winter and 20w50 in winter ; i'm sorry if you thought i was refering that my brand is beter than your's. I just said i use this brand and that it has worked for me with out having to add oil in between oil change's . And the i didn't say it , but the only major thing i've had to do on this Honda engine is to replace the starterc ; and i had to replace the starter because the original owner ran the battery down ! Then he put a big battery charger set on 10 amp's , a charger that didn't have an automatic shutoff thus boiling the eletrolite burning ot the battery and starter's armature in the process ! And i had to rebuild the brake's , and replace the fuel tank it had the old metal tank that was mounted under the seat ; that was my fault for trying to ride double up a creek to deep for me to ride alone ! This was a lesson that cost me $289.97 + tax , and $102.56 for the battery , $179.00 + tax for a new starter ! I took it to my local dealer for the work , and the kid who did the oil change stripped out the oil plug thread's ; i didn't tke it back to the dealer with the stripped threads; . Instead i went a an Industrial supply shop and bought a heli coil set and and the right drill bit and repaired it myself , i did go back to the dealer and told him about the stripped oil plug ; he first tryed to tell me it was already stripped but i told him it wasn;t stripped the last time i changed it ; and i didn't tell them to do anything to it but the starter and battery when i brought it in ! i told him if he didn't pay me for the heli coil set and drill bit i would never bring it in again. By the time i got back home hecalled me and told to total yp the bill and he would mail me a check to cover it , i added $20.00 for my labor ; but needless to say i never took anything back tohis shop ! And again if i came off as a know it all, for give me ; i was a factory certified small engine tech for over 20 yrs. ; but my field was mostly lawn and garden from 2 stroke and 4 stroke ! Now if you want to talk about engine's being abused , the 3 to 4 month's they're used each season ; i don't think any kind off engin's are abused than these ! ..................

Old 07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda No Longer Recommending It's Own HP4M Oil ?????

WoW