Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TCS SCS shocks or PEP Limited Mass?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm gonna buy new front shocks for my 400ex and was wantin to know which would be better. the TCS SCS shocks or PEP Limited Mass? you all prolly know bout the TCS but i dont know about the PEP. they r triple rate shocks with adjustable compression and an anti-roll mechanism in them. they also have adjustable preload i think. of course the TCS are zero preload, dual rate shocks with adjustable compression and ride height. which would be better 4 mx?

Old 12-30-2000, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

anyone know? PLEASE HELP!!! i need 2 know soon

Old 12-31-2000, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Everyone has their personal preferences, that's why both companies exist. Either would make you an excellent shock. The wait for TCS is much less, that may be a deciding factor.

Old 12-31-2000, 04:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

thats what i thought. the pep shocks are so popular that the wait is probably a long time. the tcs wouldnt be all that bad. ill probably get the tcs shocks. anything i should no before ordering them?

Old 12-31-2000, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think you can equate the time you'll have to wait, to the quality or popularity of the shock... The undisputed highest quality shocks out there (Custom Axis) have about the same wait as a set of TCSs. There are just too many factors that figure into the equasion (for instance, PEP spends a lot of time traveling around to races, this undoubtedly slows the shock building process for consumers).

You'll need to have a good idea of the direction that you are going to take on your bike... Do you, or are you going to have extended control arms or a swingarm? What are you going to be using it for (MX, XC, play riding), etc... Having this already figured out will help you answer the questions more accurately when TCS asks them.

Old 12-31-2000, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i have researched the diff. shocks for a long time now but dont know what to get. so bottomline. in your opinion which do you think would be the better of the two shocks for mx? what are the pros & cons of the shocks?

Old 12-31-2000, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

does anyone know? please help.

Old 01-01-2001, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

i guess TCS would be good enough for me and for motocross. i was just wondering cause about every pro racer runs PEP or AXIS. i guess TCS haven't been around long enough for racers to get them. plus they probably have contracts with these shock companies. probably after they run out you will see some pro racers turn away from PEP & try running some TCS? or could i be wrong? well please help me out if u can. i need help deciding on front shocks!!!

Old 01-01-2001, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

Well if you look at KandKatv.com, you will see that all of their quads run TCS. If a shop will run all of their quads with TCS, that must show that the shock is of high quality and performance. I for one, have not been able to ride on my TCS yet because I am still waiting for my rear shock to come in. Good Luck.

Old 01-02-2001, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer

Not true about K & K ATV. Johnny Hale rides for K & K ATV. He uses PEP Zero Pre Load shocks. Look at what the PROS ride. Usually the BEST, right? Most of the top PROS are using PEP Zero Pre Load shocks. If you can afford them, and happen to be patient, the wait is well worth it. Try calling NAC's, they sell PEP, or Baldwin Motorsports.

Quick Reply: TCS SCS shocks or PEP Limited Mass?