Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Awsome 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday my friend called me on the phone and said that I had to get over there quick , so me and another boy rode over there. What we saw was amazing, the guy who owned the 400ex had told us that he had sent the motor to California for a few upgrades, but we didnt expect anything like this, the 400ex had new axle, swingarm, rims, razor tires, motor, pipe, handlebars, just to list a few things but that is not even almost all, put it this way the only thing original was the fenders and gas tank. Out of the blue he said "want to ride it?" I jumped at the idea. when I got on it and started off I noticed that it was impossible not to spin the wheels and bring the front wheels off the ground. I never thought I would say this but it had too much power!!!! believe it or not it's top speed is somewhere around 130mph. There is only one word to describe it "AWSOME". any comments are appreciated.

Old 12-31-2000, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Only 130??? Wow, with those mods I'd expect atleast 150-170 MPH. I believe it, really. That is "AWESOME". (note the "E").

Old 12-31-2000, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

ya know , I ask for comments and I get smart Asses like you, whats your purpose? I think your mom made a mistake.

Old 12-31-2000, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

You did say ANY comments were appreciated. If you'd like to explain the new definition of "ANY" I'd really like to hear it.

I'll also go out on a limb and say the 85 on the end of your name is the year you were born. You are a little boy. I know it's fun talking about peoples mothers hiding behind a compter screen...when I highly doubt you'd be able to back it up.
Anyway, boy, use a little common sense and realize that no 400EX with a chrome swing arm and some fancy stickers will do 130 mph. While you're at it, pay more attention in English class. Good day.

Old 12-31-2000, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry but the 500cc drag banshee can barely reach 100mph and your trying to tell me that a 400ex can do a buck thrity. Hahahahaha...hahahahaha excuse my repetitive laughing.
If you dont get pictures, dyno charts, or the name of this company who made the machine your gonna get the same reputation as picachu aka scramblered, the one with the 70hp scrambler that did'nt make sence.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-31-2000, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

i don't believe it went 130. it always seems faster than your really going. what did the guy do to it as far as engine mods? also theres some incosistiies to this story. u said he sent the engine in...but he ended up with a new swingarm and tires and stuff...hmm maybe he got them while the engine was gone. i don't know. i wanna know what he did to the engine. i was born in 85 and i am not a little boy. i'm not an adult no. but i'm not a little boy. why don't u just be nicer to people we're all atvers just like you.

Old 12-31-2000, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I was being nice. I just didn't think that the mother talk was appropiate. You're right, not all 15 year olds are little boys. I just thought that mouthslinger85 was letting his immaturity shine through. Didn't mean to offend any youngsters. I'm jealous that 15 year olds even have ATV's. I didn't have any fun things like that when I was younger.

Old 12-31-2000, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

OK, it is apparent that common sense isn't exactly common around here. My 400 is quite modded and reaches low 80's with much higher gearing, 16/36, A full race 400 could probably do 90 mph, 130 is way out of the question, if this is true I will poop myself, it can't be!

Old 12-31-2000, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

When I said that any comments were appreciated i did not mean smart remarks, I read the forum you posted on renthal sprockets and I did see a few duh questions like is it hard to install the rear sprocket but I was nice enough not to give any smart remarks. Plus I am not a little boy, I am on the weight lifting team, and I am the running back for our high school football team, and I also know for a fact that this 400ex does 130mph, I will get pics and specs and any other information from the guy in about a month when he comes back to visit. I am also sorry PADZZ if I said anything that offended you and will try to stop reading DirtWheel magazines during English.

Old 12-31-2000, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

First of all with the right gearing you can make almost any vehicle reach 130 (even if it takes you hours to get up to speed :-) ). Second of all paddz why are you so jelous of 15 year old having their own quads. When i was 15 i bought my 400ex by myself for 4000. If we work for the quad then why should u be jelous.

Quick Reply: Awsome 400ex