Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Why are people who ride so paranoid?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loud pipes are fine if you want to lose your hearing. I am almost deaf in my left ear and have a noticable loss in my right because of loud noise. You don't know how important your hearing until you don't have it. I never realized I was losing it until it was too late.

Old 01-02-2001, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

I am not taking sides here, but if your ATV is bothering people, it's because you're driving in a residential area (i.e. Your street!). That's illegal and the cops have a right to give you a ticket. In fact, if a cop sees you driving your ATV on the street (even if you are just circling around on your street), he can have your quad towed and give you a huge fine (you have to pay for the towing of your own quad, also). Personally, lots of cops see me driving my ATV on the street going from my wood trails to my house or vice versa. Since I live on a dead end, they usually just flash their headlights at me, giving me a signal to get off the road. One more thing...

STOP HATING ON EACH OTHER!!! Everyone posts on this forum because everyone loves driving quads. We all share this on the forum in our own opinions...no one is right or wrong here, so CHILL OUT! =)

Old 01-03-2001, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

The louder the better!

A loud combo is the Supertrapp 3 in discs for the two stroke.

Almost like no silencer

Old 01-03-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Even if you are on your own land, take your noise level into consideration, as sound waves don't respect property boundrys & the low frequencies produced by 4 strokes have the ability to travel quite easily thru buildings, trees, etc. Loud pipes cast a negative connotation on ATVs/Motorcycles and that's not good for any of us. It may not directly affect you today, or tomorrow, but it will affect you eventually, and you'll be the first to whine how unfair it is, when your property becomes boring and that favorite riding spot is closed.

Also, when in a riding area with people "in the know" it labels you as a moron. I can't count the number of times we have been at a riding area or even a race and some idiot rolls by with a silencer that desperately needs repacking or missing the silencer entirely. Our whole crew shake our heads and cuss that individual for the next few minutes... If your pipe pisses fellow riders off, just think of what non-riders think of it.

Remember there is a BIG difference between a bike that sounds good and a bike that's loud. I suggest if you think noise=HP remove your headpipe and go mudding.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:50 AM
Range Rover

i agree like that jerkoff a few messages up we won t have any ride land left paranoid? no most atver's know nearly every none rider that just don t understand is gunning for us big time being nice and quite and not rideing on other peoples land without there say so is just another way to fight the closeing of land green gruops and the lovely people at the white house that are trying to score brownie points just love people rideing without helmets useing a loud *** pipe on the road
going to down to poor ol farmer bob's place and haveing him call the cops on you and while your there try to kill as much plant life as you can because thats a great way to end our great wonderful sport that countless rider's injoy and love so dearly but befor you do all the above i hope you owen alot of woods and have some good frineds with land to because you'll be rideing around your front yard day dreaming of going for a nice long trail ride to
86 atc&4trx 250r's
just another quad junkie that has love and RESPECT! for our sport

Old 01-03-2001, 01:32 AM
Range Rover

i was just makeing a point thinking about all this land being closed does keep me up at night like the grim reaper just walking around the country and u sit there and wonder where he's gonna show up next i think we all need to stand back and look at the big pic our "frineds" in D.C sure are

Old 01-03-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Greetings,

Remember -- even a parnoid has some real enemies.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

We aren't paranoid, they're just out to get us. LOL

Old 01-03-2001, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

It's not the loudness that is the problem. It's the fact that normally an atv is only allowed to ride in certain areas. Say a loud atv is riding on 200 acres of property, the problem with it being loud comes because it stays in the 200 acres basically going around and around. That is what annoys people. A loud harley is usually just driving by maybe pulling in/out of a parking lot, not driving around in the same small area for hours at a time. That's the biggest difference.

Old 01-03-2001, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Man this is a vicious crew in here.

I do agree about the loudness issue. If you race & practise on a race track then thats fine to have a loud pipe. Otherwise why do you need a loud pipe in the woods? This gives the greenies more ammo to use against us.

Quick Reply: Why are people who ride so paranoid?