Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Why are people who ride so paranoid?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at the people who post what kind of exhaust they should get and to tell you the truth im very dissapointed. Everyone says dont get a loud pipe dont do this or that well i say do whatever you want cause to tell you the truth i dont care if someone complains that its to loud cause as long as your not over the leagal decible level your ok . plus people do whatever they want in with thier harleys and they dont get nailed for it anywhere as much as we do so i say crank it up!!

Old 01-02-2001, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, right on, HondsBoy300ex (Say, did you make a typographical error in your username? For example, did you perhaps REALLY mean to call yourself, "HondaBoy300ex?").

Annoy as many people as you can! If they don't like loud exhausts early in the morning or in the middle of the night (or even, at high noon), well tough! How else can we mediocrities draw attention to ourselves? A loud exhaust is a cheap, easy way to get attention, requiring no talent at all.

Them Harley riders, the Pagans and the Hell's Angels, for example, have given us role models and a philosophy of life, as you mention; let's live it!

And, when the priggish residents and landowners call the cops, and the blue-nosed city, state and federal councils close our riding areas, we can get together and whine about how we've been treated so unfairly, saying frequently, "Unfair!" And, "Ain't it awful!"

Wanna make it loud? I'll loan you the hacksaw and show you where to cut.

Diogenes

Old 01-02-2001, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thank You Diogenes. I like your attitude.

Old 01-02-2001, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and BTW- HondsBoy300ex. Those Harley people you speak of have millions of miles of road. None of which will be taken away. At the very worst they may get a fix-it ticket. And just because it’s loud does not make it fast or faster. They aren’t even cool. Unless your 14 or younger

Old 01-02-2001, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

Louder huh?!?! The first time (and only)i have rode my atv after dark around my house i had 3 cop cars sitting in my driveway when i got home! I have me a little noise pollution ticket to the amount of $125. ever since then i have been trying to make it quieter. Luckily the people around here dont care if i ride during the day so i try to respect their wishes and dont ride at night. The rules where i live are after 11.00pm a noise violation laws goes into effect and anytime before that if they have more than 5 complaints they can write a ticket. So hey you keep on riding as loud as you can and get all your neighbors hating you. That way when you just go outside and crack it up you can get a ticket. On trails and tracks it another story

Old 01-02-2001, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

It's little boys like you that get our right to ride in public places taken away from us. I race XC on a 250R thats pretty quiet and I'm sure it will smoke your 300ex and I also ride a Harley and its not loud. you just need to grow up

89TRX250R w/ too much to list

Old 01-02-2001, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

Go easy on him boys he's from Rhode Island.

Old 01-02-2001, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

I don't mean to sound like I agree with him, but from the last sentance in his post, it almost sounds like he is joking around. Secondly, he may own his own land to ride on. Everyone I ride with has at least 35 acres of property or more that they privately own. I didn't once see him post that he was going to ride at night. I don't mean to take his side, but I think alot of people in here take things too seriously and over-react(just my opinion).

P.S. Whoever said something about 14 year-olds(like me), they're right. We are attracted to all things loud, shiney, and expensive:-)

Old 01-02-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with 89TRXRIDER that is how we lose are right to ride cuz of boneheads like you who think its alright to run your machines for hours in one area, that annoys the h*ll out of people.
And about your little comment on why is it ok for hogs to run drag pipes, lets put it this way when do you ever see one hog ride up and down the road for an hour, NEVER they pass by once if you lucky twice. You stay in the same place for hours and thats what annoys people.
Having a louder machine is'nt going to give you more horses so whats the point.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-02-2001, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LOUD TO BE FAST. MY BIKE HAS WB E-SERIES AND IT'S FAST, BUT NOT LOUD.DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU RIDE YOU NEED TO GIVE ALITTLE RESPECT TO GET ANY BACK. JUST A THOUGHT.

Quick Reply: Why are people who ride so paranoid?