Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?????

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: a_diehard_pats_fan2000

the iol filter was in the right way but therubber gromet was junk so presure leaked by...one more think how do u get the rist pin out of the piston..i removed both clips but it wont come out</end quote></div>

That would not have caused the top end of the engine to be dry, because there is only one way in and one way out for the oil, if the filter just had a bad seal, the oil would have just bypassed the filter but still traveled to the head. If you had a completely dry head when you removed the valve cover, something stopped the oil from getting there, and normally that is from an incorrectly installed filter.

Yes the wrist pin can be a bear to get out, however, it should be tight in the piston, and not the rod, if its tight at all. If the oil filter was installed incorrectly, the wrist pin could be seized in the rod, then you have a BIG problem. I hope this is not the case.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default ?????

The wrist pin does move and spin im going to try to make a puller today and try''It moves like 1/8 side to side.. O.K I got it out..the connection rod has a little line in it all the way around.. where the pin goes will this hurt anything....i know i have to bore cyclinder out some cause the piston had a couple rings stuck where the walls where stratched

Old 09-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Range Rover
Default ?????

The line around the inside of the rod should be in line with the oil hole, when one seizes, that is where it starts the damage, check the line you describe, is it raised from the surface, or cut into the surface, if its cut into the surface you should be able to use it. Take some super fine emery cloth and polish the inside of the rod hole. If the line is a build up then you will have to very cautiously try to remove it.
If you get it removed sucessfully, you should be able to use the rod, if not, you will have to replace the rod.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default ?????

can i ask a stupid ???? how does the oil get to the wrist pin???does it spash up..cause i dot see a hole in the connecting rod

Old 09-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Range Rover
Default ?????

yes, it come from around the big end of the rod and just kinda "flings" up there.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default ?????

Ok i have have another ?? for u...my cylinder had some scraps on it..do to a couple rings stuck on one side of the cylinder...i was going to have it bored out but had a friend look at it and he told me just to hone it out..
So i did and in about 1 to 2 minutes they where gone...Now can I still put a standered piston back in??..I took a new ring that I had and just put the ring inside of the cylinder and the split in the ring was about the thickness of a dime.Now is this fine??? The old ring was twice that if not more