Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Polaris Pride

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Why is it that every Polaris ATV owner think that his/her Polaris ATV is the number one ATV? I mean, Polaris owners have way too much Polaris-pride. I think Polaris brainwashes its customers or something. I mean, they're just like Saturn: A different kind of company, a different kind of car (quad in this case). On the forums, all the Polaris owners go crazy over whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe it's just me...

Old 01-04-2001, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Does this have anything to do with me by any chance?

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-05-2001, 04:23 AM
Trailblazer

Hehe, no, you're the only normal Polaris owner. It's just that somebody started a new topic asking a question about Honda ATV's and some guy suffering from "Polaris Pride" replied going on and on at how good Polaris ATV's are and how crappy everything else is, and he didn't even answer the poor guy's question. I have seen that happen all the time from the Polaris owners. What is their deal???

Old 01-05-2001, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider

I did notice that alot of the major ATV makers are going to a belt drive system. I also noticed that it is alot of the bigger 4x4 models that are using the belt. Must be a good thing, and Polaris has started a trend that all others will follow.
I still like the clutch type, and shifting, because I grew up on it. The only thing that really, really, really turns me off is the Polaris floorboards, I like pegs out in the open. The Polaris reminds me of a lawn tractor, going out to mow the grass! I was thinking of getting a Polaris untill I saw the pegs!

Old 01-05-2001, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

Dude, what are you saying? Did you try riding with the floorboards? My Kodiak has floorboards and my Rancher has pegs. Floorboards are so much easier to hold on to, especially on jumps. Plus, it is more comfortable when you are riding with a passengar.

Old 01-05-2001, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

DUDE!!!!! Yes I have ridden with floor boards, and they are very uncomfortable. They make you very clumbsy for the fact that you cannot use your ankle for a pivot point. You cannot tilt your foot down below the pegs. I feel like a flat footed duck on the foor boards.
I have grown up on traditional pegs so it may just be me, but the floor boards are very uncomfortable to me. More than likely all the quads will have boards in the future (for safety) and I will have no choice but to get used to them. Untill then, I will hate the lawn mower type feel and look of the Polaris!

PS) I'm not bashing Polaris, but the look and feel of the floor boards remind me of a lawn mower. I can see it on a Honda or Yamaha 4x4, but not for a high performance quad.

Old 01-05-2001, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe us Polaris owners suffer from "Polaris Pride", but at least we don't suffer from Honda imaturity. At least once a week, in the Polaris thread, you will see a post titled "Polaris Sucks", then, when you go to see why the guy said it, all you see is "that's right, Polaris sucks, ride red". I have yet to see a Polaris owner stop in the Honds thread, and say "Honda sucks", as a topic.

Old 01-05-2001, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

just saw one the other day in the yamaha forum. by the polaris guys.

Old 01-05-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Same here,Ride red

Old 01-05-2001, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Restate your facts, not once did I say "yamaha sucks" I did not once post a thread about the raptor without backing it up with facts.
Something you guys lack.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Quick Reply: Polaris Pride