Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Foreman Rubicon vs Foreman

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreman Rubicon vs Foreman

Hey all,

Looking at bumping up from my 02 Rancher 350 to the Foreman model.

Can anyone tell me what the dif is between the Rubicon and standard Foreman?

Would have liked to of gone with the new Rancher, EFI and liquid cooling -- but really need the heavier suspension offered by the Foreman. (Do quite a bit of spraying with a 25 gallon sprayer on the rear rack.)

Dealer told me to expect the Foreman to go EFI in the next couple of years.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a manual tranny guy, so for a work quad the choice would be easy for me! However, if you intend to do much trail riding, then the Rubicon would probably be the better choice. Have you considered putting the sprayer in a trailer???

Check the weight limits for the Foremans (the racks, not hitch towing), and I bet they aren't going to be any different than the Rancher (????). If you can do with the Rancher 420, you will save $$$ and have a more fun ride.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think that for work and play you can't beat the tourque of the rubicon. Not a fast machine but for heavy work and play it is the way to go. little more money but it's worth it. I've put on 3000km on my 2006 in less than a year with no problems. Keeps up to the 700 in the mud and trails, and out pulls them on the job. Little stiff of a ride but thats because it's make for heavy work.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

I'm a manual tranny guy, so for a work quad the choice would be easy for me! However, if you intend to do much trail riding, then the Rubicon would probably be the better choice. Have you considered putting the sprayer in a trailer???

Check the weight limits for the Foremans (the racks, not hitch towing), and I bet they aren't going to be any different than the Rancher (????). If you can do with the Rancher 420, you will save $$$ and have a more fun ride.</end quote></div>

I'm a manual tranny guy also. Are you indicating that the difference between the two is that the Rubicon is an Automatic, whereas the standard Foreman model is ES or manual shift? I would far prefer the manual.

The Foreman offers dual shocks in the rear - which would equate to a much more stable ride when under load, in addition to a higher wt rating.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

The rubicon is an auto with esp also. I think that it is the best tranny out there. I run with a Canam 800 Outlander, 700 grizzly, and 800 sportsman, I have least amount of power, but with the tranny in the rubi i have as much tourque as them. It's smoother and has great responce. I have know complaints about it.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

i got an 07 rubicon definitly an awsome machine. For a stock bike its awsome in the mud. It has tons of torque for hills and pulling. no compliants. Cant beat the low gear.