Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

PERFEX LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION KITS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PERFEX LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION KITS

Has any one installed the PERFEX LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION KIT on there Rubicon? Im looking at installing one and am wondering if it's worth it?
http://www.hondapartsworld.com...n=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3549

Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

I did and I took it off quickly, almost didn't put it on when I took it out of the box. Rube Goldberg set up. Poorly manufactured, have to shim it to fit right (and I use 'right' loosely). The foreman kits use freakin hose clamps to keep the lower shock mount on the a-arm, the Rubicon is a CRES bracket that you have to bend around the a-arm and it doesn't line up that well. The bend tabs were not long enough and I snapped one while tightening the bolt. Fools the shocks by changing angle. Adds drop out and lift, both are bad for the CVs and driveshaft joints. Mudblaster blew out a CV joint with his Rubi. Makes the shocks mushy, which is softer, but they get hot and fade quickly.

Some people like them, but I think that's only because it softens up the ride, but it adds body roll too. As your rubicon has a cable rear brake, when it is at full drop out it tugs your brake line.

Got stupid responses from the manufacturer, but I guess you get what you pay for. Don't you think Honda would just relocate the shocks if it was an advantage to do so?

I wish someone did a review of the Progressive 512 shocks, couldn't justify $1200 for Works or Elkas.

I wonder if Vinson shocks would fit, my Vinson rides much better than the Rubicon - makes it funner to ride. Still miss that Hondamatic and quiet smooth engine though.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

MikeM I just searched for the Perfex on the form and found your post about them. I think Ill look into the high-lifter instead THANKS

Old 12-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bobcet

MikeM I just searched for the Perfex on the form and found your post about them. I think Ill look into the high-lifter instead THANKS</end quote></div>

High lifter makes a nice lift. I have it and have actually jumped my rubicon with it in. Easy to install as well.