Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dummy Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dummy Here

Hello all, I am wanting to use my brothers Honda Recon ES today while my brother is out of town. I spoke to him briefly about how to start it and all he told me was it would have to be started manually because the auto start has not been working. He told me to pull start it and I think he said I could kick start it as well.

Anyway, I riefly tried but no luck. I think it has to be put in neutral first but it is in 1st gear and I do not know how to change it. Please help someone.

Does it need to be in neutral and if so,,,,,how do I do it.
Is there a kick start?

If someone could go through the exact steps to get this started, I would really appreciate it. My Brother is not answering cell phone so I am having no luck that way

Thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dummy Here

Should you be even wanting to ride that quad???...........If you can't even start it!!!!

I think he should be there for your first ride............IT IS HIS QUAD!!!!!!...........Caper.........

Old 12-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dummy Here

Trun on the fuel valve first! Might not hurt to check the oil, tire pressure, and amount of fuel in the tank......

The ES shifts up on the handlebars. You will see buttons with arrows (up and down). Turn on the key, make sure the kill switch is in the middle, shift into neutral (helps to rock it back and forth), pull the recoil starter. Might need some choke.

Don't hurt yourself! Sorry, doesn't sound like you are very experienced!

Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Range Rover
Default Dummy Here

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

Should you be even wanting to ride that quad???...........If you can't even start it!!!!

I think he should be there for your first ride............IT IS HIS QUAD!!!!!!...........Caper.........</end quote></div>

I agree, dont ride it. Have him teach you another day.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dummy Here

Yeah, that would be my advice, too. If you aren't sure how to start it, failing to get some in-person riding instruction before your first ride just isn't a good idea.

ATV riding is a blast, but there are risks of life changing injury or worse. Wait until your brother is around, or better yet sign up for one of the structured ATV riding classes.

Have fun, but be safe too.