Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TIE ROD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIE ROD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

Just make sure you are positive which way the threads are on the one you are taking apart.

Worst case, the tie rod isn't that expensive...

BTW, what year is your machine? Was it part of the tie rod end recall?</end quote></div>

I have an 06 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 Yellow

Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TIE ROD

04 and 05's I think were the ones that were recalled...

Did you get the thing off?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Range Rover
Default TIE ROD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

04 and 05's I think were the ones that were recalled...

Did you get the thing off?</end quote></div>

no it wont move

Old 01-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TIE ROD

My brother just told me you need to get in touch with honda there is a recall on the tie rods my brother has a 2004 Honda TRX350 Rancher manual shift fulltime 4x4 and he had his tie rod's replaced under warranty with this recall he even waited almost 2 year's before he finally took it in for the recall ; he said the machanic checked them and said they were good but he replaced them anyway and it was free of charge !

Even if your dealer say's other wise call or get in touch with honda direct you were lucky you weren't killed the tie rod shouldn't have broke it was defective and you will get your money back even if you've already paid they have to give you your money back and fix labor free !......

Old 01-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Range Rover
Default TIE ROD

I know several have stated that the threads are reverse on one end. You may already know this but just in case- this means that to loosen you may have t turn it the same direction that a normal bolt would turn to tighten it. Have you tried turning it both ways? I have changed several tie rods in the last few years and I still get confused and turn em the wrong way.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default TIE ROD

Before you even try and get the tie rod end off I would recommend marking where the existing tie rod end is that way you don't mess with your toe angle or atleast count the amount of turns that it took to get the tie tod end off. And the tie rod end should just come off like the others have stated just use two wrenches and break the locknut loose and the end will unscrew.

Pro Rider
Default TIE ROD

Before you even try and get the tie rod end off I would recommend marking where the existing tie rod end is that way you don't mess with your toe angle or atleast count the amount of turns that it took to get the tie tod end off. And the tie rod end should just come off like the others have stated just use two wrenches and break the locknut loose and the end will unscrew.

Pro Rider
Default TIE ROD

Old 02-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TIE ROD

I repeat your quad has a recall on these defective tie rods and you don't have to pay to have them replaced there is a factory recall on these defective tie rod's and will be replaced in the recall , your dealer should've told you about it if he didn't you have a bad dealer just tell them you know about the recall and if they don't want to loose there dealership they will take care of it for free ; i had forgotten that my brother's was a 2004 when i first tried to give you info on removing and reinstalling for free of all cost even the labor is free !.....

Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TIE ROD

I brought that up earlier. His is an 06. Wasn't the recall for 04/05's?