Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 50362

I got it brand spanking NEW, 0 miles on it. 2008 model. They dealer dude road it out from the back of the shop, gave me a quick overview, then I jumped on and road it around the dealer lot. Right from the get go the flat spot was very noticeable, and that was when the dealer told me flat spot will go away.

It was not used. We (canada) had a big sale last December because of the parity with the US dollar. So the deal was (in CDN dollars) $2500. off + employee discount $1300. + 10% cash back.</end quote></div>

Hey just curious.....I bought a new 420 at the same time throught the Canadian Sales Event.....what did you pay? I got mine for $6000 OTD. So can I assume you got yours for approx $4K OTD......if so....hellava deal!
I must say though I purchased a few in the US and sold them up here. Take a little more than $3K off my bike.....final price $2900! Original quote from Honda Dealership up here in Oct (before sale)....$9400!
To keep on topic....I would take the bike back and have them look at it under warrantee. The fact that you got a great deal should not deter you from being a satisfied customer.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Range Rover

reconranger - attitude like me??? i dont get it. you spend several thousand dollars on a quad and when you have a problem with it right when you get it and they push you off and basically say live with it and you think that is ok?? Just to clear up what i was saying is that if the sales person (who works for you since you are purchasing it from him and he is paid to sell and assist customers) is unwilling to make things right then it needs to go further up the chain until you are satisfied with your purchase. The attitude of oh well - i got boned - is not something that should have to be dealt with. If you purchase a new truck and the tire leaks around the rim would you have the dealer fix it or just keep airing the damn thing up?? If you are lucky enough to have a dealer in your area that cares and GIVES YOU SERVICE then by all means shop all you want - if you drop a couple grand in their bucket and they treat you like they never met you then i would move on and find another dealer. Guess i work to damn hard for my money to put up with second rate customer service - in my job i try to give the best possible customer service that my customers can receive regardless of the size of the sale - that is what keeps them coming back - it is called professionalism and is something that is desperately needed today.

I did read a little further and see that he got a deal but it still does not make the situation right.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

All you who say quit you crying, live with it, you got a good deal and so on - what if it was a engine knock?? or a fuse that kept blowing?? or a oil leak?? would it be ok then because he got a good deal?? I understand that those are a little bit different but without support from your salesperson after the sale why in the hell would you keep going back? Why should he have to spend $100 on a new tire - over inflate it - park it on the good spot - any of that b.s. when he purchased a NEW bike - not a trade in. it completely bogles my mind. Guess i should be selling land to some of the people on this site - "it is only flooded 8 months a year - all you have to do is dry your home out and all is well" for christs sake - un-real!!!!

Any of you wanna by a trike - tires only go flat when you dont inflate them - half off - great deal

Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I got it for approximately $4,100. I bought a winch AT REGULAR PRICE + installation. could have got the winch a discount (40% off MSRP) but, hey, I know the dealer is doing me a favor selling me the machine. I'm still crying over the tire(s).

Old 03-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

In all honesty I won't make a big deal over it. If they can replace it under warranty, fine, if not the trails mask the thumping anyway it's only when I'm cruising on the pavement that it's noticeable.

However, if I was Joe public who paid retail I would make a very big deal over it.

OK I'll stop crying...

Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

i bet you dont even ride it

Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

The dealer did you a favor by selling you the quad?? Seriously??? There is not a dealership in the world that is selling anything that would loose money for them. They are not going to say "he looks like a nice guy - think i will sell to him for $500.00 below my cost cause me and my family dont need to eat" - with any Manufacturers sale/promotion they manufatcure is the one backing the dealership in some fasion - whether with credits toward the new model year inventory, a check, better buying power, something. I am blown away that this many people think the dealer did you a favor by selling you a bike regardless of price. If you would not have bought it they would have sold it to the next person who was interested. Granted the tire is a minor issue but if you are not happy then you are not happy and they did you no favor. Even if it is a damn t-shirt that they give you and it makes you happy then that is great and all is right in the world once more - if your stomache is sour about the purchase then that tells me something different. How many of you people who say it isnt important go and give the dealer a few grand extra just to do them a favor??? Sorry - i feel i have hijacked your thread - it just is completely amazing that no one expects perfection on a new purchase - in these parts they would be a "mark/pigeon/sucker......."

Old 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow splat you need to chill out. Its a bump in a tire. You expect perfection from Honda dealers? This is a 5K quad not a 180K aston martin. You sound like a guy that may have some sales experience but I think you have let your emotions take over your better judgement. Yes Its a fact, business' sale stuff at loses all the time. My sister ownes a retail store business that sales some merchandise with lots of profit but the stuff that doesn't sell she just tries to get as much as possible and then gets rid of it. Her heart surgeon husbad does many heart surgeries for a loss to good will cause some people can't pay. I just read this morning that MOTOROLA lost 135 million dollars last year on there cell phone business and is looking to spin that division off. So I guess they sold there phones too cheap for a loss. If they had kept the motorola razors price at $500 they would have lost 800 million est. LOTS of things sell with out profit. Now to get back to reality. I would imagine that the delearship probably sold this guys quad at either a very small profit or maybe even a loss to get it out of the inventory so that they can get something else that sells better. Either way when you buy a low cost item the dealer should still back it up but if you are looking for perfection you will have to pay a premium for it. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. My tire had a flat spot new but it went away very quickly.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

Don't get me wrong, I think the dealer should do something about the tire. But from what I understand, he knew about the flat spot before he bought it. And are tires covered through Honda? Is the flat spot really worth it to you to make a fuss? Do you want to trailer it back up to the dealer and be without your quad for a day or so? Or take the time out to sit up there and wait on them to fix it? You could spend that time riding. I would make an attempt to get it fixed by phone calls but I wouldn't waste too long about it. Especially with alot of people from here saying how you could fix it. Have you tried any of the suggestions given about warming the tire up? And no he shouldn't have to go through this, regardless of how much he paid, but you have to pick your battles. To me, it's not worth it. For one, I'd be looking to replace the stock tires anyway. And two, I'm handy with finding fixes on my own.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 50362

I got it for approximately $4,100. I bought a winch AT REGULAR PRICE + installation. could have got the winch a discount (40% off MSRP) but, hey, I know the dealer is doing me a favor selling me the machine. I'm still crying over the tire(s).</end quote></div>

Kinda confused me on this reply. Are you saying they offered you a lower price on the winch and you said "No it is OK I will buy it at higher price (MSRP)?
Also, the bikes that went on sale were the 06,07 models. This was to clear out inventory as people were going to the US in droves to purchase their new bikes there.
What dealer did you purchase at? Got mine in Markham.

Cheers and good luck with the tire.

Quick Reply: New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??