Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??

gcatramb - lol - i am chilled out. i completely understand it is a bum tire - and i had said it is a minor problem - i just dont get why we as a consumer do not push for better service from dealerships. They could have at least thrown the guy a bone on some new parts or something (XX% off or whatever) would have gone miles for PR. Think how many people would be checking the dealer out if he had a problem and they fixed it or set him up somehow and was raving about it - that was my point - i know i drifted off the trail a bit - sorry about that.

The other things you brought up (Motorola/business) would be interesting to discuss but even though i took the bait i am deleting it - you can thank me later for that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Having said that I will bow out of replying to this topic - i will lerk about and read it but i promise my soapbox is broken and on the burn pile.

Back on topic - enjoy the new rancher!! I am dreaming of a new bike and cant wait until i have the scratch saved up for it - already started shoping even though it will probably be around 2 years before i can get something.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

Splat, I agree w you. Anything I buy NEW will be just that. NEW!!!! An engine knock or just a little tire thump, makes no difference. Sure it's a minor deal but the guy didn't say he was suing Honda or the tire company. He just asked for help and got slammed. If it was me, I would expect a good running quad. IF the dealer told him the "thump" would work itself out and it didn't, then they should stand behind it. That's what brings back customers.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jrafter

i bet you dont even ride it</end quote></div>

Of course I ride it dispite it being below freezing up here.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, something like that. Because 'Honda' offers a Warn winch as an accessory (from Honda) and being a employee I have to fill out the paperwork for the winch at work and a couple days later pick her up. I figured less running around for me so I would just add it to the list when I purchased the bike. I was going to buy it from Markham Outdoor Power but the chick who handles new purchases sent me up around the Barrie area. I'm just up the road from Markham.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Wayne36

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 50362

I got it for approximately $4,100. I bought a winch AT REGULAR PRICE + installation. could have got the winch a discount (40% off MSRP) but, hey, I know the dealer is doing me a favor selling me the machine. I'm still crying over the tire(s).</end quote></div>

Kinda confused me on this reply. Are you saying they offered you a lower price on the winch and you said "No it is OK I will buy it at higher price (MSRP)?

Also, the bikes that went on sale were the 06,07 models. This was to clear out inventory as people were going to the US in droves to purchase their new bikes there.

What dealer did you purchase at? Got mine in Markham.

Cheers and good luck with the tire.</end quote></div>

Old 03-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well Splat has probably been burned by a dealer, so have I. I don't blame him one bit for being aggressive with the dealers. All dealers want is your money, period..I've had it out with a few car dealers over the years, they just think everyone that walks through there doors is ignorant about cars and mechanics.

Motorola? They make good commercial two way radios, a pain to program though. There cell phones I'm not to keen on. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 99_400EX

Splat, I agree w you. Anything I buy NEW will be just that. NEW!!!! An engine knock or just a little tire thump, makes no difference. Sure it's a minor deal but the guy didn't say he was suing Honda or the tire company. He just asked for help and got slammed. If it was me, I would expect a good running quad. IF the dealer told him the "thump" would work itself out and it didn't, then they should stand behind it. That's what brings back customers.</end quote></div>

Old 03-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Splat, you and motorola have become very popular on this thread since our rant and rebuttle. Your point was solid but since I had the same issue with my tire and it quickly went away I didn't want 50362 to body slam the Honda dealer. I do like your interesting and colorful posts so I will keep an eye out for them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

50352 Yes you are right the article said while loosing 300 + millions on phones there core business of Two way radios and scanners had huge profits.

enough on that... I think we have talked enough about flats spots so I too will lurk into the background.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Range Rover

i know i am supposed to only lurk but........................................ i couldnt help myself

gcatramb - what kind of mods you done to the Dora quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you need to post some pics of that thing on the baddest quad thread. HEY - you have the quadracut mower too?? You like yours?? Honeslty - i am disappointed with mine. Way to much plastic moldings/covers/trim - starts and runs great but it just isnt the same as the one we had when i was cutting my dads grass - seems underpowered - keep looking for a big bore kit for it - lol - thinking of droping a blade too. Not sure how tall you are but i have learned the hard and very very painful way - the lever for the drive is at the perfect height to be a nut cracker - cant tell you how many times i have been rolling in the yard doubled over cursing the designer - neighbors probably think i am on something "MOMMY MOMMY - the man across the street is rolling in the grass again saying bad words in a high pitch voice - i am scared" - i know i cant be the only one that has had that problem - you can be honest - we are all friends - come on - admit it - lol. ok ok ok - maybe it is me - i will start wearing a cup when i mow from now on.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Splat -

I like the mower it seems to mulch well. Mine isn't self propelled but I am 6'2 and feel that the mowers handles are a little low. It starts easy and bags nice. I like the idea of 2 blades but I'm not sure if it really helps or not. I guess it couldn't hurt. The motor sounds beter than most and if I am going to push something around the yard in the hot sun it might as well be a Honda. I do have Honda racing stickers on the mower just to get laughs. Ride red etc.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Update. I had to change my profile, forgot my psswd. Oh well. Anyway, the flat spot on my right rear tire went away but now I'm thinking of upgrading to the Terracross tires. Where's 'sac7000' What size tires are on your Rancher?

Old 05-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

You should not have to wait for the flat spot to go away as it should not be there in the first place. It's a new machine and every thing should be perfect whether you got a deal or not.

Quick Reply: New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??