Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Help..Warn1.5 winch wont fit on 07 Honda Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help..Warn1.5 winch wont fit on 07 Honda Rancher

yes take a pic......my accessory plug was under the right fender on my 07 420...is that the one your talking about its also only hot when the key is on

Old 04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: VooDoo01

The plug is there to provide voltage for an accessory voltage outlet. As Coursey said you could wire the winch controls to that plug. However, that would allow the winch to be inadvertently operated when the ignition is turned off. If this is of no concern then you should connect the red wire there. If you would prefer the winch to operate only with the ignition on then you could wire it to the ignition. I wired mine to the back of the ignition. It's a little more difficult, but it's not that bad. Also, attaching it to the back of the ignition allows you to avoid a "large" wiring harness that you have to dig into as well as the risk of cutting other wires.

jrafter, if you can't find the plug let me know and I'll take a picture and post it on here for you.</end quote></div>

This plug is only hot when you turn the key on. I used a test light to make sure before i tapped into it.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

That's the one. I'm not at home right now, but when I get there I'll take a picture for you.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

thanks .........im looking to hook up some lights and need another plu

Old 04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jrafter

thanks .........im looking to hook up some lights and need another plu</end quote></div>

I also found two more of these plugs that go tonothing under the seat. If yu are standing in front of the atv they will be on the left. Just follow the main bundle of wires that runs down the left side and you will see them.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Coursey

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jrafter

thanks .........im looking to hook up some lights and need another plu</end quote></div>

I also found two more of these plugs that go tonothing under the seat. If yu are standing in front of the atv they will be on the left. Just follow the main bundle of wires that runs down the left side and you will see them.</end quote></div>

do you have a 420 or is this on something else

Old 04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Trailblazer

I have a 2007 Rancher 420 ES 4x4

Old 05-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

I installed my Warn2.5 XT winch this weekend w/o trouble. It fits better than the 1.5 for sure! I wanted to thank everyone on here for all the answers and help with my winch problems. I took pictures of the install but need to reduce the size to post.

Basically, I tapped hot wire from my 12v plug (my Winch came with a clip to tap into a hot wire), ran winch wires down left side of frame. Mounted contactor to rear wall of box where battery sits. I removed two small connectors that were mounted to the wall and tucked them down into the space, then used one of the holes to mount the contactor and only had to drill one small mounting hole. It came out looking really good.

Oh yeah, I went riding Sunday and used it to pull a Polaris out of the mud!

Thanks again everyone!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

good to here........the one thing i really liked about the warn is the wiring harness........i first got a gorilla and the wiring is crap

Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

did you get the Warn 75660 mount plate? If so, where did you buy it, my local accessorie guy is having a hard time getting one for me.

Quick Reply: Help..Warn1.5 winch wont fit on 07 Honda Rancher