Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

08' Rubicon or 08' Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08' Rubicon or 08' Rincon

I was just wondering which one is best for methe ruby or the rincon i knoe the rincon isnt made for much work but i dont do to much worki do 90% play 10% work
and cant decide between the two
--------------------------------------

Old 05-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Rincon will have a much softer ride, especially over rough trails at higher speeds, and it has a ground clearance advantage. It's main disadvantage is compression braking will only hold about 12 mph on really steep decents, so you have to use brakes in those kinds of situations. Though I think it was designed primarily for fast trail riding, it can be used for plowing and hauling. They are also well known for long term reliability.

The Rubicon's 1st and low range works well for pulling and dragging. The solid rear axle corners flatter, but rides rougher and SRA limits ground clearance. For towing, the SRA won't squat under trailer hitch weight like IRS will. Well, I see you already have a Foreman... The Rubicon would be pretty similar in ride and handling, except for the auto transmission. They are also known for reliability, though there have been some theads about problems with the tramsmission or related parts lately.

Anyway, ride both. They are both excellent machines, but are quite different, so it's a matter of picking the one that gels best with where you ride and your personal preference.

Personally, I think a Foreman and a Rincon is a pretty good combination. The other thing I'd consider if I were in your position is that there have been rumors about a new machine from Honda that may be an IRS with locker, and low gears...

Old 05-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

yes thanks my foreman is very reliable and is in the shop right now for tranny problems we have some pretty steep hills to go up and down and river bottoms to plant food plots also i think im gonna wait to see what honda comes out with in a couple years and my next one definitly will not be camo a couple months and it peels off. thank you for the advice

Old 05-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Out of curiosity, did you break the 1st gear on the Foreaman?

The camo peeling issue is supposed to be fixed, but you occasionally see threads about it. My Rincon has been fine so far, but I'm leery of pressure washers.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

no the angle sensor went bad they said it either had water or a short in it and the warranty would cover it.
why is the 1st gear a common thingto break ??

what happend with the plastic is i let my friend borrow it and he used a very high pressure washer on it when i got it back it was all brown.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There have been some conversations about breaking 1st gear over at highlifter. It seems to mainly be a weak point on machines that are modified and/or running big tires.

I think my Rincon came with a warning about pressure washers. Hopefully your buddy is stepping up and taking care of it?

Anyway, angle sensor thing seems to crop up once in a while. Tanking apart all the connectors and hitting them with diaelectric grease may be worth while, too, if you tend to get the machine in the muck frequently.

Also, the Rincon apparently does OK with tires up to 27 if they aren't super-agressive and burried in super-thick and sticky mud. Beyond 27's you might be looking at power mods, or a gear down kit...

Old 05-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

ha mine didnt come with a warning and yes when he brought it back he said he would buy new panels for it which cost like $450 but i was pretty ticked.

i am supprised the warranty still paid it for as deep of water ive been through im supprised i havent got water in my engine

mine does fine with 27's

i like the top headlight on your rincon how did you do that were the bottom ones to dim