Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2007 Foreman ES getting codes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Foreman ES getting codes?

I have a 2007 Foreman ES 4x4 with less then 15 hours on the display(owned for a month). While riding tonight I came to a stop in 2nd gear, and my gear position display started blinking("2","2","---") and wouldn't let me shift. I turned the key off then back on, started the wheeler and it shifted fine. Well I came to a stop again and it did the same thing. Two flashes and the dashed lines. From what I've read, this is a code for the Angle Sensor? The machine is still under the Honda 1 year warranty I got from the dealer, so I'm going to take it in Monday when I'm off from work. But I'm wondering if anyone has seen this. I only get the code when I come to a stop(in any gear). I can be riding either fast or slow while shifting, and the code won't come up until I stop. Any help is greatly appreciated. I also plan to bring it into work in the next week here and put dielectric grease in all the wiring harnesses just to be sure.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a problem with water getting into one of my wiring harnesses and causing this problem. To start with honda didnt know what it was. They even mentioned rewiring it. Then I think they made a few phone calls and found out it was water or moisture in one of my wiring harness contacts. Havent had a problem since they cleaned and greased it. Been over a year now and I stay in the mud and water.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

Thanx! I was kinda thinkin that myself. Do you know which one? I'm going to clean and grease all of them, but I"ll pay special attention to the shift ones if i know where they are. This whole thing happened after I crossed a deeper(over the tire but under the fender) pond tonight. I got to the other side, and it started happening.....

Old 05-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

i crossed a deep a#* pond like over the head lights and got water in my angle sensor that may be the cause

Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 2007 foreman es also. i was riding this past weekend and it started doing the same thing. it did it off and on 3 different times and i have ridden it today for a little while and its working just fine. anyone have an idea on what i should do. i dont want to take it to honda because they will keep it forever and i have a big ride coming up.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm having the same problem with my 400es. I have to turn off the fourwheeler, sometimes it will shift just by turning the key off then on, sometimes I have to "rock" the fourwheeler back and forth to hear the "click". Where is the Angle sensor and where can I buy a new one? Dealer? I've been searching web sites and found nothing so far. Thanks.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Well I dropped it off today at the dealer(still under my warranty). Bought a used Honda service manual while I was there. Looks like the 2 blinks of the gear position is a ES shifter fault. Either wiring issue or an actual shifter circuit issue. Based on the pinpoint test in the manual, it looks to be more likely a left handle bar switch assembly(the wiring harness connectors are too high up on the front fender assembly to be affected by water). The shop is going to check all my connections and grease them for me, as well as check for water leaks in the sensors.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: swamplite07

i have a 2007 foreman es also. i was riding this past weekend and it started doing the same thing. it did it off and on 3 different times and i have ridden it today for a little while and its working just fine. anyone have an idea on what i should do. i dont want to take it to honda because they will keep it forever and i have a big ride coming up.</end quote></div>

When it happens again, count the # of times the specific gear flashes before the lines flash. Flashing in gear position 2.....such as "2","2","2","---". would be a code 3. The specific gear flashed 3 times before the line. Let us know, and we can steer you in the right direction. You can also performed a code retrieval. Hold the up/down shift buttons in simultaneously. Turn the ignition on and before the letter N appears, release the both buttons. Press them again for more then 3 seconds. the letter N will start blinking showing you the codes.