Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

smoking lots of blue smoke

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoking lots of blue smoke

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ujoint

Check your spark plug like Williebee said - if you are burning oil, you should notice it on the plug - but sometimes if it is not enough oil burning, you won't notice oil on the plug. Then keep an eye on the oil level - if it is slowly dropping level, you are burning oil, just not much yet.

Blue smoke like you are describing can also be an over rich fuel mixture - like your carburetor needle and needle jet may be giving you more fuel at high RPMs than what is required.</end quote></div>

The last time i replaced my plug was like 1 month ago. The tip of the plug was black. I dident look like it had oil on it. The stupid part was that my bike was running kinda lean backfireing whenever u let off the gas. I fix the lean problem though and it dosent backfire anymore. I turned the air/fuel mixture screw out 1/4 of a turn.

This blue smoke has been going on for a while. My friends atv does the same thing
and we have the same bikes but his is a red 4x4.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default smoking lots of blue smoke

Like i stated in my above post i would get a can of the Sea Foam and mix some with your gas , the instructions are on the can ; you could very well have carbon deposit's inside the combustion chamber causing the rings to stick when the engine gets hot !

I had to try this product before i believed it would do what it claimed to do , and like i stated above i saved no telling how much money on my 88' Jimmy by trying the Sea Foam in my fuel ; i consulted with selveral machanic's who all agreed that the reason for the smoking was carbon deposits builtup in the combustion chamber that was causing the smoking of the Jimmy !

It will be worth the money to try it , it would cost a lot less than an engine overhaul to try this product ; what do you have to loose ? $6.99 + tax at an Auto Parts Store or $5.66 + tax at your local Walmart , one can treats up to 25 gallons of fuel ; to me that's worth a shot and cheaper that the overhaul that you might not need !.....