Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda ES opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda ES opinions

My bike has 21 hours on it, road it in water up to the bottom of the seat and pressure washed it twice. No issues so far. My friend has the same bike but ITP mud lites and has gone threw more than me. http://www.youtube.com/user/TAG3310 you can see his bike in action. Think he has around 60 hours on his.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone else had vibration problems?
Also is an ES mechanically the same trans. as a manual as far as the internals?

Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

I installed a set of Pro Taper SE ATV High (black) bars on my foreman with a set of their 1/2 waffle grips, made a big difference in vibration. I bought them because my factory bars were bent and these were only $5 more then the factory bars from the dealer.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Is the ES models also the only ones with full floorboards? I would think full floorboards would be in the way when shifting with the foot shifter.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

Nope, I had asked bout that. I was initially looking for the floor shift model, but we do alot of ice fishing and winter hunting up here, and my HUGE Ice King boots wouldn't fit under the shifter. So that was one of the main reasons I opted for the ES model. So yes, the floor shift model does have floor boards.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Range Rover

I have been out with two different Foremen's and the vibration hasn't been that "bad", but changing the bars doesn't sound like a bad idea.....

The problem with water I would agree with the power washing and the "deep" riding. As long as I had dried them out and they keep going, I have also recently greased them up and have had no reoccurring problems.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have my 420ES for a year now with only one complaint.

If you shut it off in gear you have to rock it to get it back into neutral so it will start. This doesnt seem like a big problem, but it can be a pain if you stop it in gear on a hill. Getting a 600lb quad to rock uphill can be a bit of a challenge.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Trailblazer

Hold the front brake and you can start it in gear......

Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: action450s

I installed a set of Pro Taper SE ATV High (black) bars on my foreman with a set of their 1/2 waffle grips, made a big difference in vibration. I bought them because my factory bars were bent and these were only $5 more then the factory bars from the dealer.</end quote></div>

Thanks for the heads up as I never consdiered the bars being bent. My machine also has a bar alignment problem that I thought was just a bad alignment problem from the dealer/factory, but now I'll check for bent bars.

I found the Pro Taper bars but couldn't find the waffle grips you suggested. By chance do you have a source?

I haven't ridden for 30yrs so is hands going numb in a 30min to 45min ride normal?

With the new foam grips, I can ride for about 1hr before my hands get numb. I'd like to get where I didn't have a hand problem on a 2hr ride. Possible or not?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SS420

Hold the front brake and you can start it in gear......</end quote></div>

WOW!!! I just put down my coffee, grabed my key and ran out to the barn to try this.

I have not had a big problem but have heard complaints from others on this board and others about the same problem (and stuck in mud). Some people were even looking to defeat safeties and install mods to allow it to start in gear.

Thanks, you get my vote for most usefull post of the day!!!

Quick Reply: Honda ES opinions