Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried out the new rubicon? I would like to hear about it.

Old 01-26-2001, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I own one. I really like it.

Old 01-26-2001, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

Hi,

New around here?

I have a Rubicon. I bought it in November of last year. I thought for sure I would be the first on the block, because of the theoretically "new technology" and all. Then I found these ATV web sites.

Hell, I didn't have to ask any questions, they have all been asked already.

One of the neat things that I did was look back into all of the archived topics. They go back until about May of last year. It is very interesting. You can watch the progression from no one knowing anything about the machine to some hardcore guys asking about how to "hot rod" the thing. I learned a ton.

Look for some posts by TEXDOC2 he ended up with one of the first ones that was available. Lots of good info. Check our TEXMUD's site. Lots of good aftermarket product info.

Incidentally, I love my Rubicon. I don't have a lot to compare it to because it is my first ATV but I can say that it has never let me down. Since Nov. I have put on almost 700 miles. It is very easy to ride and navigate through even the tightest trails. It has plenty of power and rides like a Cadillac. The transmission is great. It has good response to throttle input and seems to transmit power without hesitation. With the throttle/trans combination the way it is, the throttle response is totally linear. A poke of your thumb ellicits an equal poke in the rear. Likewise, a gentle touch on the throttle gives you very predictable and controllable acceleration. Perfect for crawling over rocks or blasting down trails.

The only problem with it is, now I have to buy something equally competent for my wife to ride.

Two Rubicons in the family maybe?

I have had great support through the dealership and even better support through this website and some others. Lots of good advice and tips available.

Old 01-26-2001, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, new to this place and thanks for your info sounds like iam going to have a new ruby real soon to add to my honda faimly

Old 01-26-2001, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

How do you use your atv's?Then I can give you some feedback.What do expect from it?

Old 01-26-2001, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

I live in the back country the nearest town is 30mi away i have lots of rideing right from my door, I use my 350 forman for hunting,trail,and plowing my driveway which is almost a mile long of dirt,rock and uneaven road and is does an amazing good job but on an allday trail ride up and down hills cross creeks and logging roads the driver takes a beating,But it has been verry dependable, Looking for a more enjouable ride, P.S. Not into deep mudholes and jumping

Old 01-26-2001, 03:48 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

compaired to your 350 (i take it its the old 350, no the rancher) the Rubie will be a majic carpet ride.

Old 01-26-2001, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

The Rubicon is a much better riding Honda than even the Foreman 450S / ES. I do not think you will be disapointed with it. The only quad that would probably have a better ride ( at least in the rear suspension) is the Polaris Sportsman, but the general opinion is that Polaris, while improving, has a long way to go to catch up with other manufacturers when it comes to quality and reliability.

Old 01-26-2001, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

You will love your Rubicon?It a very pleasant ride,and just smooth in any way posible

Old 01-26-2001, 10:55 AM
K2
Trailblazer

I agree with the other post about reading all the archives and the info found in here. I did the same and just got my Rubicon in December and have about 100 miles on it (I wish I had more). So far it has been great! I have extensive ride time on a Foreman 450S and a 350 and there is a dramatic difference between them and the Ruby. The obvious is the power which is instantly available with the automatic. No more downshifting to climb a hill, crawl over something or grind through some mud - just give a push on the throttle and power is there no matter what the situation. Running a trail, I almost ran over my friend on his 450 as we climbed a hill. He had to downshift as I was giving throttle and just climbing right up.

I have been on the 450 since getting the Ruby and have to admit that the ride seemed softer and the Ruby is a bit stiffer, but in no way is bothersome. I thought it was due to his being 2 years old, but I met a guy who had a 2 month old 450ES and his suspension was also softer. We put them side-by-side and leaned into each. The 450 could easily be pushed down twice as much as the Ruby. It may sound as though the Ruby would be rougher on the rider, but after hours of hard ridding it's not so and I never noticed being jarred by a good bump.

K2

Quick Reply: Rubicon