Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher price negotiation time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I was ready, this weekend I should have had the new Rancher. But the local dealer decided to try to re-neg the deal and get a few more bucks. Needless to say I have to purchase out of the local area as I do not trust the locals, although I'd rather spend my money in my community, dishonesty overruled that one.

My question is, what have you guys negotiated for deals...I am just asking for $4450 and waive the freight and setup,nothing too much... any other tricks for getting a better deal? (2x4 ES Rancher)

I emailed the guys in MS, but they have not responded, besides, I live in North Idaho and shipping would more than likely negate the deal anyhow.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Its a case of basic economics. The demand for the Rancher is very good thus the dealers have no real incentive to discount since they know someone else will come along! This bites if you are trying to buy, & great if you are selling! One trick that might work is get a quote from a dealer in another city & see if your dealer will match it. If not take a little drive. You can give your local dealer your business when you buy oil, & other accerssories.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks, I did just that not but 15 minutes ago. Went to the dealer in Spokane, WA. and just let him know where I was at for what I wanted; Rancher 2x4 ES with Hot Grips, waive the freight and setup, and $4400 OTD, plus tax... funny he had no problem at all just writing it up. Paying cash for it tomorrow. Strange how local dealers in small town Idaho are just arrogant enough to lose business. The deal I just cut took about 5 minutes, and was more than pleased with the professional courtesy I received.

It may not have been the deal of the century, but I am happy with it, and will ride this weekend.

Old 01-30-2001, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations!!! I agree with you in trying to help out the small town or little guy but its my money & I want the best deal.

We are planning on going to Wallace, Idaho for the ATV jamboree this September, people in our club went last year & had fun. There was a lot off dust.

Old 01-30-2001, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

Wallace is a blast! Anyone else in the Northwest should take a look at this jamboree...I will get info and post it here

Old 01-30-2001, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

DryFly,

The 2001 ATV Jamboree is July 18-20 not in September as I mention in a previous reply. Anyway we plan on going!!!

Are you going to do the Mad Man Marathon? Its tough from what I hear, 105 miles of expert class riding.......

I might try it!

Old 01-30-2001, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

DryFly, Hey nice to have another Idaho boy on here!! I bought my Rancher 4x4 es for $5150 no setup fee. It may be worth your while to come down here to Boise and buy it from Carl's. One of my buddies works there and they are all a good bunch of guys. Let me know if you need any contact info.

Mike
01 Rancher 4x4es
01 Recon

p.s. are you going to go to the atv festival in wallace this year?

Old 01-31-2001, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

Abosutely I am going to the Festival in Wallace..I have about 6 buddies here in Hayden and Coeur d'Alene that gear up for it all year. We'll probably pave some trail so we can ride our ATV's all the way there, as opposed to trailering out 30 miles to Wallace, why not ride in.

Definitely have to hook up. I hate to say it, but the local dealer lost out due to his arrogance and refusal to move on price...I am buying the Rancher (2x4 ES) over in Spokane today, $4450 OTD plus tax, makes it a deal for me.

Old 02-01-2001, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

Couple weeks back bought a 2001 Rancher ES 4x4 for 5200 OTD and got a free pair of Scott goggles thrown in also (wife's imput) LOL Dealer wanted more but let him know i was willing to travel an bit to secure a better deal and so he met my price. Has anybody rode the Little Sahara ?? Some friends and i want to head down and ride in early April

2001 rancher es 4x4 grn and soon to be adding a winch

Old 02-01-2001, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

dryfly I bought my 00' 4x2es for 4500 OTD period. That was last april.

Quick Reply: Rancher price negotiation time...