Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any on who has AC pro peg nerf bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My nerf abrs didn't come with any instructions and I have no idea how to put the metal plates on behind the foot peg. I know how it ataches to the nerf bar but there are no holes anywhere close to lining up with the frame.
thanks

Old 02-01-2001, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

My friend had the same prob. He finally just gave up on it. My R didn't come w/ those so i cant help ya there, but on his quad the metal plates wouldn't match up either. He has a 99 400EX.

Old 02-02-2001, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know but this is the worst fitting add on i have put on. The holes that mount it to the engine mount were to small for the bolt to go through. And on of the footpeg plates was welded to gether off center and i had to do a lot of filing to get the bolts through strait. And the other one didn't have a plate welded to it, I don't know if it was supposed to have one or not?
I'm also gonna drill through the pipe part of the footpeg and put some bolts throgh them to keep them together a little better. Does anyone know if AC has a website beacuse I want to e-mail them.
This is the first and last AC product I buy.
AC= Aftermarket Crap
DG= Don't Get
I should have waited and got some Graydons.
Thanks Kyle

Old 02-02-2001, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

I have AC Racing nerfbars on my EX and love them. First off, the metal plates don't mount behind the footpegs. They mount in front of the footpegs. And all of the holes need too be drilled out a bit too use the hardware that is sent with the unit.
If you hate AC nerfs, don't buy any-other kind. They all mount up even worse.....

Old 02-02-2001, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

The metal plates mount where the factory footpegs came off. Then you slide the nerf bar over them. And the one i needed milled was an inch thick.

Old 02-02-2001, 10:38 PM
Range Rover

I think it looks better without the metal plates!!!

Old 02-04-2001, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

K_Fulk,
Don't give up on those AC nerfs. Those aluminum plates go directly behind the footpeg. The tab on the plates bolts in the same spot as the rear fender mounting bracket on the right and left side of your ex. The part of the alum. plate that is flat and has the 90 degree bend in it will fit right behind the alum. foot peg on the nerf bar. I used a right angle drill and self tapping screws and attached this plate to the alum. foot peg. Make sure if you do this that the screws are no longer than 3/4" b/c the screws will hit the steel foot peg (black). One of the AC footpegs (black) is thicker b/c it goes on the rear foot brake side of your ex so the brake arm will clear. On mine I used a 4 ton porta power to
push the nerf bar forward so the holes would line up with the front motor mount hole and c-clamp vise-grips to keep the nerf bar from pulling out. The installation wasn't exactly easy but I'm glad I got them. Do put the rear plates on, it makes the quad look that much better.
I also see that you are a running PRM skid plate. Let me save you some more headache. Underneath the exhaust header where the skid holes are located take the two bolts out and grind almost half of the head off. Install these two bolts with the nuts going on the skid plate side (bottom). The reason is b/c the AC propegs won't go on if the bolts come through the bottom of the PRM skid plate b/c the extended part of the bolt and nut will be in the way. Please do not give up on the AC pro pegs you will like them alot. If any or none of this made any sense then e-mail me and I can send some digital pics. Good luck. Terry

Old 02-04-2001, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I had to flip the Black mounts around I had them upside down. By doing that though I had to drill a hole in the motor mount plate. Then I had to trim one of the back guards a little before I put them on. And i also put a bolt through the footpegs and now they don't wobble at all.
I had a nice long day of riding today. And I really like them now that there on. But they shoudn't have been that much of a pain to put on.
Kyle

Old 02-04-2001, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

You have pro pegs?? I am going to get pro pegs for my 400EX. AC is a VERY good nerf bar, I loved mine when I had my Banshee. I also liked my Front bumper, it's dug into the face of a 45' double many times and never bent.. Wish my body was as strong as it. How did you mount your pro pegs up???

Old 02-04-2001, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I like them now that I got them on right and i've got some riding time with them.To get them on right I ended up having to drill a hole through the motor mount plate and I drilled a hole in the foot peg for a little extra strength.

Quick Reply: Any on who has AC pro peg nerf bars