Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

holeshots on a 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2001, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard that holeshots wear extreamly fast. is this just under racing conditions or on the trails too? is the razors a better choice for a rear tire? i know the stock otushu radials wear fast, so i want to know what kind of tire to get. oh, by the way, i noticed that travis spader runs one of his front tires in one direction and one in the other, whats up with that?

Old 02-02-2001, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have rear holeshots on my 400EX (YET!, gotta smoking deal, $50 for two 22" Trailclaws) But I will be getting them. I had them on my '91 250X and I thought they really lasted well and all of my riding is trails and woods riding. Get the XCT's (6-plys) my bro-in-law has them on his 250R and they seem bullet proof. I have the XCT's 23" on the front of my 400 and I love em.

Old 02-03-2001, 02:04 AM
Trailblazer

in my opinion,the holeshot xc's are the way to go.
I run them on my ex,and banshee if you are a trail rider,you
can't go wrong with them.an aggressive rider should get a full year out of a set.I've went through 4 sets of these tires and can't complain.

99 440ex
93 banshee

Old 02-03-2001, 06:37 AM
Range Rover

How much heavier are Holeshots compared to the stock 400EX tires?

Old 02-03-2001, 11:07 AM
Range Rover

hole shots are a wicked good tire for any condition I ride in snow , mud , sand , water , and tar and they last a long time I have had mine for about a year and they are still more than half life left , I ride almost everyday and do smoke shows with them . If you do smoke shows they are great if you have the power to spin em , when they got sticky .

WICK it up

Old 02-03-2001, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

I have the XCT's front and rear and am happy with them. I have never had a flat yet. I like the extra ground clearance you get from a 22' tire. It helps to keep the swingarm skid from draggin so much. I have heard good things about Razrs and I think I will try them next.

The Holeshots seem to go away faster if you do any riding on the road, but I guess that is true of any tire. I dont really know how tread life on the Holeshots compare to other tires, this is the first set I have had since the stockers. Tread life is really not that important to me. Traction and performance come first. I would not sacrifice performance for tread life! Later.

Old 02-03-2001, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

the xc's are a heavier tire than stock,i would
say at least a pound or two per tire,but,i'm not
sure.if you ride mostly mx,then get the two ply,
for xc conditions w/ rocks,definitly get the xc's
or xct's.if you don't then you will bust a sidewall.i run 6 pounds all the way around in my
xc's and have not had a problem yet.the regular
holeshots are not that much different in weight than stock.
99 440ex
ct 440 kit-web cam-hardface
rockers-quiksilver carb-big gun
system-ct rev box-barnett clutch-
k&n filter w/ rap-works triple rate
shocks w/ res.-ac nerfs,bumper,glide
plate,swingarm skid-renthal bars-

Old 02-03-2001, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

how do the holeshots compare to the razers? has anyone had both? and what about the front tires, is the stock otushus the way to go or are the holeshots or something else better? i am guessing that razers would be the best just looking at their tread pattern, but you never know! does anyone have the new holeshot mx fronts yet?

Old 02-06-2001, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

how much air are u guys running on the holeshots? also i just purchased20x11x9 holeshots for my 400ex,someone said i will lose power because of being one inch wider than stock,any truth to this??

Old 02-06-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have not had any Razr's but they look like a really good tire too. The front Holeshots make a world of difference in my opinion. They don't roll over and push in sharp corners lock the stock tires. They grip much better.
Redridaz513, I don't know where that person got their information about losing power by putting on an inch wider tire. We are not talking about 25inch Blackwater heavy duty mud tires. Weight between the Holeshots and stock tires is minimal. Besides, power doesn't do you any good unless you can get it to the ground, so you need the better tires.

Quick Reply: holeshots on a 400ex